• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ethical / moral question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethical / moral question

If I spend all afternoon posting tulip on CUK whilst my client is paying me to create marvellous software, is that stealing?

Is your code compiling?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        If I spend all afternoon posting tulip on CUK whilst my client is paying me to create marvellous software, is that stealing?
        Not a bit - It works the same as fag breaks, and long lunch "hours":

Though you may not realise it, you're mulling over the clientco software in your subconscious continuously, and will end up producing a better result than if you worked on it hammer and tongs non-stop.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          No. HTH.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Not a bit - It works the same as fag breaks, and long lunch "hours":

Though you may not realise it, you're mulling over the clientco software in your subconscious continuously, and will end up producing a better result than if you worked on it hammer and tongs non-stop.

WHS. I sat in the canteen today, on my own, for around 20 minutes. This was after I had my lunch break. I was mulling over a problem that had just blown up. This I consider to be working, as I could always be sat in the canteen thinking about my fantasy football team, but I know I wasn't.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
            X