• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Screen resolution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen resolution

Hi, is there a case in favour of choosing a screen with a lower resolution for a 13" laptop, e.g. one truly needs a magnifying glass to read an full HD resolution on a 13" screen.

Both puns and opinions welcome.

Originally posted by mickey View Post
    Hi, is there a case in favour of choosing a screen with a lower resolution for a 13" laptop, e.g. one truly needs a magnifying glass to read an full HD resolution on a 13" screen.

Both puns and opinions welcome.
    No. Ask yourself, what happens if I buy a docking station.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      No. Ask yourself, what happens if I buy a docking station.

A docking station without two monitors?

Comment

My current lappy is only 1366 x 768, it's a right pain trying to play Battlefield on it when I'm used to twin 30" screens

Spend the money and get the most lightweight laptop you can find, that has at least a 17" screen

And seeing as most modern cards are capable of outputting 4k, how long do we have to wait for 4k laptops ?
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I have a 1600 * 900 13 inch.

It was the thinnest on the market when I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I have a 1600 * 900 13 inch.

It was the thinnest on the market when I got it.
            What make is that?

Comment

Samsung series 9.

NP900X3C-A04US
              Last edited by minestrone; 12 August 2013, 20:57.

Comment

retina display on 15" screen here. clear as crystal
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

My eyesight is fading as fast as my braincells, probably explains why the missus still looks so sexy (possibly a combination of both). 13" doesn't do it for me any more (or the missus, but that's another story), so get me a 50" and wireless keyboard.

Comment

My contractor colleagues at ClientCo opposite me are Apple Mac fans, and are always waxing lyrical about their RMB Pro's (Retina MacBook Pro), the screen definitely is clear at 2560 x 1600.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X