• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gibralter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gibralter

So now the Argentinians might get involved although a couple of things get me about this: Gibraltar row: David Cameron considers EU legal action against Spain | World news | The Guardian

(a) so the European court is of some use to the Tories (and probably the UKIP)?
    (b) Gibraltar is not part of the Schengen area so surely the Spanish are more than justified in having border controls?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Or perhaps the cunning plan is back down over Gibraltar or we leave the EU

See see the nasty Spaniards made us leave the EU

Next step get the Argies to invade against just before the election....
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I have always wanted to go there and I am not too sure why.

I expect it would be tulipe though, filled with pensioners wanting the warmth but unable to leave behind the fish and chips.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I have always wanted to go there and I am not too sure why.

I expect it would be tulipe though, filled with pensioners wanting the warmth but unable to leave behind the fish and chips.
        Having worked in offshore gaming twice Gibraltar made st Vincent look interesting
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I like Gibraltar and I like the Gibraltarians.

They wear their patriotism on their sleeves and they're not afraid to let the Spaniards have a taste of great British spunk when needs must.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Having worked in offshore gaming twice Gibraltar made st Vincent look interesting
            Ah yes the 1337 Php coders of Gibralter, toot toot must be some gravy train
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              So now the Argentinians might get involved although a couple of things get me about this: Gibraltar row: David Cameron considers EU legal action against Spain | World news | The Guardian

(a) so the European court is of some use to the Tories (and probably the UKIP)?
              (b) Gibraltar is not part of the Schengen area so surely the Spanish are more than justified in having border controls?
              More anti British loathing from this nasty little individual.
              How does it work with you? Any enemy of the British is your friend?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The risk of taking them to court is that someone return the favour and take us to court about the queues at Heathrow.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  THey can have border controls, but they are restricted to how thorough those are. They're apply the thoroughness that is only permissible to non-EU crossing the border. That's why at airports there are two queues - one for EU/EFTA/Switzerland and one for the rest of the world.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    More anti British loathing from this nasty little individual.
                    How does it work with you? Any enemy of the British is your friend?
                    You really are an idiot, no wonder you're an agent. Nowhere does it say that I'm 'anti British', in fact I was just pondering these points but in your warped little imagination, if someone questions anything that goes against your single minded little ideals, then they're obviously anti-British. Personally I hope Gibralter stays British but if Gibraltans knew what type of people that they have in the motherland, maybe they wouldn't want to...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X