• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hourly rate or price work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hourly rate or price work?

I am looking at jobs in the U.K, but, having never worked there before, which is better hourly rate or price work?

Originally posted by Nzjointer View Post
    I am looking at jobs in the U.K, but, having never worked there before, which is better hourly rate or price work?
    Whichever pays best?
    Seriously, 6 or half-dozen.......?!
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

What trade you are in? This forum is dominated by people who work in IT and we are almost always on a daily rate after hourly rates disappeared years ago. Price work is pretty rare unless you have an established business.

If you are working on a building site contract then my understanding is that it's probably going to be price work though you will be up against stiff competition from people over from Eastern Europe.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Personally I have always tried to structure is such that a business day is 7.5hours and anything above that they have to pay me hourly rate for overtime.
        In practice it rarely went beyond. On the plus side on no day did I charge less than a days work, so it's not either/or.

Comment

That is rather a broad question - i think better hourly rate for me would be £80/hr (Well i would love to earn that though lol ). However, you have provided us with little or no information to answer your vague question.

If i was in your shoes, i will start by telling us what you do ? how many years experience you have , etc...

Comment

Originally posted by rurffy View Post
            That is rather a broad question - i think better hourly rate for me would be £80/hr (Well i would love to earn that though lol ). However, you have provided us with little or no information to answer your vague question.

If i was in your shoes, i will start by telling us what you do ? how many years experience you have , etc...
            I think you've misunderstood the question, probably due to the OP's poor punctuation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I think you've misunderstood the question, probably due to the OP's poor punctuation.
              You could rephrase for him/her ...

Comment

"price work" does not mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
                  Um, it doesn't mean anything to you. That doesn't mean that other people don't understand what the term means.
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
                    Honestly , I dont see how that will affect what the question potrays.

Any English Teacher here ?

Comment

Working...
                    X