• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prices rising much faster than inflation!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices rising much faster than inflation!

Oh no, that's terrible isn't it?

House prices outstrip inflation amid prediction growth could hit 7pc - Telegraph

Phew! It's house prices! Thank the lord!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

Umm, seeing as house prices are a part of the cost of living, shouldn't they be included in inflation?

Just asking, like.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Perhaps I can release all that lovely free money and afford my train fare next year?

Rail fares to rise by up to 9.1 per cent - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Umm, seeing as house prices are a part of the cost of living, shouldn't they be included in inflation?

Just asking, like.
        No, they only include Beta Max videos, Nintendo Gameboy and black and white TV's in the inflation basket.

Comment

What are you moaning about? Buy some properties. Oh wait, I forgot you're just a fantasist.

PS You'll be keen to know I p/xed the Honda for a one-year old BMW estate for family car/missus - only a 3-series 2L diesel one but good enough.
          Last edited by sasguru; 13 August 2013, 10:21.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            What are you moaning about? Buy some properties. Oh wait, I forgot you're just a fantasist.

PS You'll be keen to know I p/xed the Honda for a one-year old BMW estate for family car/missus - only a 3-series 2L diesel one but good enough.
            Fantastic news!

I own my own home, so already have exposure to this asset class.

Comment

Anyway this is great news for the govt (bigger take in stamp duty), banks (more money on mortgages), estate agents, lawyers, Tory donating property developers.

So let's all rejoice.

Shame fuel, utilities, transport, food are going up even more.

Comment

What is causing the current rise though?

I suspect it is investors preempting a rise in Jan/Feb next year when the homebuy extension starts. But if house prices and sales continue to rise, why is homebuy needed?

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                  What is causing the current rise though?

I suspect it is investors preempting a rise in Jan/Feb next year when the homebuy extension starts. But if house prices and sales continue to rise, why is homebuy needed?
                  To secure the Tory vote.

"Oh, I was going to vote UKIP, but I'm scared now about my BTL portfolio falling in value"

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Fantastic news!

I own my own home, so already have exposure to this asset class.
                    A £250K home in Swindon is not in the right "asset class".
                    HTH.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X