• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let there be light

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let there be light

BBC News - Alfredo Moser: Bottle light inventor proud to be poor

Is this really an invention?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yes granted its a variation on a theme but often its not the invention that is the real skill but the implementation and execution of the invention.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Yes granted its a variation on a theme but often its not the invention that is the real skill but the implementation and execution of the invention.
        Most ideas nowadays are just rehashes of others just done better
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

No more than post it notes were. But then 3M made millions from Post it notes.

Personally I think its genius and someone should give him an opportunity to develop more ideas.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Most ideas nowadays are just rehashes of others just done better
            Isn't that true for nearly any idea, ever ?

A train was a much bigger and faster version of a horse.
            The internet is a much quicker version of someone coming round your house and telling you what happened in the village last night.
            etc.

Comment

So does a hole in the roof suck more light into a room when you glue a bottle to it? Wouldn't you be better just having a window/skylight?

Those light-tubes you can have fitted which pipe light into window-less rooms are very neat though.

Comment

Years ago in Oz I went to this bloke's den in the cellar and he had a wall partition made of the lower halves of wine bottles, it looked great, from the bottle bottom side anyway.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

So does a hole in the roof suck more light into a room when you glue a bottle to it? Wouldn't you be better just having a window/skylight?

Those light-tubes you can have fitted which pipe light into window-less rooms are very neat though.
                  refraction the water helps
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Helps how exactly, rather than just parroting the article? Wouldn't a faceted bulb distribute the light even more effectively?

Comment

Working...
                    X