• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I caught by IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I caught by IR35

If I am director and shareholder of two companies. One of these companies supplies consultancy services to the other, will those services be caught by IR35 rules under the office holder provisions

Originally posted by Dizzy View Post
    If I am director and shareholder of two companies. One of these companies supplies consultancy services to the other, will those services be caught by IR35 rules under the office holder provisions
    Who actually does the work?
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Could you provide a little bit more information pls? It sounds as though you have 2 one man Ltd Co's one of which provides your services to the other. If that's the case then yes you could be caught by IR35
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
        Could you provide a little bit more information pls? It sounds as though you have 2 one man Ltd Co's one of which provides your services to the other. If that's the case then yes you could be caught by IR35
        director does the work, his sole company A supplies to Company B in which he has a minority shareholding. Company B is large with employees and other directors

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy View Post
          director does the work, his sole company A supplies to Company B in which he has a minority shareholding. Company B is large with employees and other directors
          My feeling is that yes you could be caught but I'd be interested to see what others think
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
            My feeling is that yes you could be caught but I'd be interested to see what others think
            He may be if he fails all of the usual three tests for employment. Otherwise it's no different to any other contract. I'll give good odds there's contractors working for Lloyds that have Lloyds' shares...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              He may be if he fails all of the usual three tests for employment. Otherwise it's no different to any other contract. I'll give good odds there's contractors working for Lloyds that have Lloyds' shares...
              Agreed. Just working somewhere doesn't mean you're inside IR35, we'd need to know more about what you do in order to make any type of informed judgement.
              ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Working...
              X