• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urgent Expenses Help required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Expenses Help required

I have recently completed a short contract where I had to visit GP practices daily, so stacked up a fair few miles

The agency advised that I should keep a note of mileage will be reimbursed back to me.

I submitted my mileage numbers detailed information on GP practices that I went to.

The expenses have since been rejected by the client as its not in “their format”. If I was write them out again their spreadsheet, it’s a long winded process and not something I would now be paid for as contract has ended.

I “opted in” when the contract started so does that mean agency legally has to pay me or will I have to complete a mileage form in client’s format?

Hope this makes sense, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by thelurker1 View Post
    I have recently completed a short contract where I had to visit GP practices daily, so stacked up a fair few miles ...

Hope this makes sense
    That paragraph does make sense.

Comment

I have recently completed a short contract where I had to visit GP practices daily, so stacked up a fair few miles

The agency advised that I should keep a note of mileage will be reimbursed back to me.

I submitted my mileage numbers detailed information on GP practices that I went to.

The expenses have since been rejected by the client as its not in “their format”. If I was write them out again their spreadsheet, it’s a long winded process and not something I would now be paid for as contract has ended.

I “opted in” when the contract started so does that mean agency legally has to pay me or will I have to complete a mileage form in client’s format?

Thanks
      Invoice them for the miles, listing the miles in your format.

If they don't pay, send them reminders.

If they still don't pay, take them to a small claims court.
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Thanks
        Are you working at the moment? If not just do it, it won't cost you anything but time.

If you are it's your call on how much effort to put into arguing about it. If the contract said you had to submit expenses in a specific format then you really don't have much choice. What will take longer, arguing with them or just doing it anyway?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Let me guess....Essex?

Comment

Thanks
            Sometimes it is better to play the "good guy" and move on.
            It wont take more than 2 hours to get it done i would think.

Why not just do it and move on.. ah! :

Comment

Working...
            X