• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Red caviar sandwiches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red caviar sandwiches

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Are they the Iranian ones?
    http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
      Been to Lidle again?
      HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
        I knew a Russian who had done summer work on the Caspian in the caviar business, while a student. He said that week after week they wouldn't get paid, they'd just get given caviar: oh no, not caviar sandwiches again!

Comment

Revolting stuff. I've had black caviar, and I didn't like it. Very salty, not unlike smoked bacon. I suspect that the reputation is in large part based on the scarcity rather than the intrinsic quality. A Russian I knew ate it by placing thick slices of butter on bread, followed by a layer of caviar. Yuck yuck yuck.

Comment

Lumpfish - salty, tiny eggs, died black and nasty; Black Beluga - tastes buttery and creamy, bigger eggs.

Bit overated - back in the past it was nobility that used to eat the fish, the peasants used to take the eggs.

Nice with champers.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Shades of apprentices in Mediaeval London "Oh, bloody hell, fresh salmon again..."

Comment

Caviar is totally foul. Never actually tried it but I know what I like.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X