• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weston Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weston Recommendations

Going over to Weston (Sand Bay) for a couple of nights with the missus next week.

I know there are a couple of westoners on here so I thought I'd enquire as to whether anyone could recommend anywhere half decent to eat out? Doesn't have to be haute cuisine - could be a pub - just want somewhere on the sea front with a decent atmos. Maybe somewhere that does good local fresh seafood? I hear the Captain's Table isn't bad?

Weston is a bit of a sink tbh. If you find somewhere nice let us all know.

Comment

The Magnificant Seven
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Weston is a bit of a sink tbh. If you find somewhere nice let us all know.
        Top end of the sea front by the old pier is really nice. Then there's a very pleasant coast road that goes round to Kewstoke - wife and I often take our bikes and cycle round there.

Comment

Shoot yourself now - you'll thank me for that advice in the long run.

Weston-sur-le-mud is a tulip-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
            Shoot yourself now - you'll thank me for that advice in the long run.

Weston-sur-le-mud is a tulip-hole.
            Bleadon, Uphill, Sand Bay, the best pier in the world - what's not to like?

I do admit though I am a bit of a sucker for traditional seaside entertainments. Especially amusement arcades. I can't walk past a penny waterfall without going to the booth for a few quid's worth of 2 pence pieces.

Comment

Restaurant Weston Super Mare | The Old Thatched Cottage Has a good rep.

The Thai by the playhouse is quite good, but not been in there for a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post

The Thai by the playhouse is quite good, but not been in there for a year or so.
                2nd those recommendations, The Old Thatched cottage looks a bit tired but the food is very good.

My favourite is this place: restaurants weston super mare | greek restaurants weston super mare | greek food weston Also if you're cycling check out the little cafe in Uphill boat yard.

I'm guessing the people who are putting the place down haven't visited in a while, it's not everyone's cup of tea but the beach and proximity to countryside works well for us.

The area around the old pier (that the OP mentioned) is looking a bit shabby mind, the old pier hotel burnt down and the old pier itself looks destined for the bottom of the sea any day now!
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  2nd those recommendations, The Old Thatched cottage looks a bit tired but the food is very good.

My favourite is this place: restaurants weston super mare | greek restaurants weston super mare | greek food weston Also if you're cycling check out the little cafe in Uphill boat yard.

I'm guessing the people who are putting the place down haven't visited in a while, it's not everyone's cup of tea but the beach and proximity to countryside works well for us.

The area around the old pier (that the OP mentioned) is looking a bit shabby mind, the old pier hotel burnt down and the old pier itself looks destined for the bottom of the sea any day now!
                  Excellent - will look into the Old Thatched Cottage.

Yes, I've been to the cafe by the boatyard - nice little campsite there too.

Do you know about the Captain's Table? Looks a bit shabby but had a reputation for good seafood at one time. Don't know what it's like now but checks out quite well on Trip Advisor.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                    Excellent - will look into the Old Thatched Cottage.

Yes, I've been to the cafe by the boatyard - nice little campsite there too.

Do you know about the Captain's Table? Looks a bit shabby but had a reputation for good seafood at one time. Don't know what it's like now but checks out quite well on Trip Advisor.
                    Do you mean The Captains Cabin by the Old Pier? The food is/was good but I haven't visited for a couple of years, it's still popular so I'm guessing it's ok? Since we've had kids we don't eat out together much so we tend to go to Demetris if we ever get a night off!

There's a very good Posh Kebab shop (Boutanic BBQ) opposite the playhouse, by 'posh' I mean you can sit down and they serve beer!
                    Last edited by gingerjedi; 15 August 2013, 13:34.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X