• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Youngsters have it easy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youngsters have it easy

Purge on A-levels revives 'gold standard' as one-in-four papers given top grades - Telegraph

25% get A grades? Back in my day in was 10%.

About time they bought back the cane too.

The difference is these days people pay to have the cane, so it's hardly a punishment
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

How can British people carry on whingeing about 'youngsters today'? Look at the Ashes, the Lions tour, Wimbledon, the Olympics, the World Athletics Champs, the Tour de France, some big golf competition I didn't watch, the brilliant innovations going on by geeks in and around Cambridge, the selfless guts of the Armed Forces, the worldwide success of British music and so on...are they not 'youngsters today'? Hmmm?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        How can British people carry on whingeing about 'youngsters today'? Look at the Ashes, the Lions tour, Wimbledon, the Olympics, the World Athletics Champs, the Tour de France, some big golf competition I didn't watch, the brilliant innovations going on by geeks in and around Cambridge, the selfless guts of the Armed Forces, the worldwide success of British music and so on...are they not 'youngsters today'? Hmmm?
        I think that today's media find it easier to concentrate on the feckless youth, and social media makes the feckless more visible.

I'm sure there were just as many successes and failures in the 1900s.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

^ THIS

I think we have forgotten, or been brainwashed that we don't do anything apart from finance in this country but we really do rather well.

Comment

Yeah but apart from that what have the Romans ever done for us!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
            X