• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football - Played, watched and run by idiots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football - Played, watched and run by idiots

At least in England, this is true. I note from some of the threads that England-Scotland was 3-2.
    The fact that we were stretched by such a poor team proves my point.
    We should just abandon football - we've proved that intelligent application and money can make England a world beater in any other sport we choose.
    The only one that resists is football as it is run by a bunch of self-interested, old-fashioned cretins, watched by thickos who don't mind paying a week's salary for a ticket and played by a bunch of narcissistic, overpaid mediocrities who fondly think they are "world class".
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    At least in England, this is true. I note from some of the threads that England-Scotland was 3-2.
    We should just abandon football - we've proved that intelligent application and money can make England a world beater in any other sport we choose.
    The only one that resists is football as it is run by a bunch of self-interested, old-fashioned cretins, watched by thickos who don't mind paying a week's salary for a ticket and played by a bunch of narcissistic, overpaid mediocrities who fondly think they are "world class".
    I am a big football fan, but don't really follow England. Last night was like the world cup final for the Scots, whereas the England players couldn't care.

I think we have abandoned international football.

Comment

What I don't understand is how sas knows Scotland are a poor team if he knows nothing about the game? Or maybe he knows about the game and is one of the cretins he claims to despise?

Last edited by BrilloPad; 15 August 2013, 08:29. Reason: Cheers OG - missed a word out.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I don't understand is how sas knows Scotland are a poor team if he knows nothing about the game? Or maybe he knows about the game and is one of the cretins he claims to despise?

Of course you're

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What I don't understand is how sas knows Scotland are a poor team if he knows nothing about the game? Or maybe he knows about the game and is one of the cretins he claims to despise?

Even Amazonian tribesmen who don't know what football is know Scotland are tulipe at it.

HTH.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

This banal little rant just oozes "I was always the last pick" from every insecure pore
            ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

That Scotland team was made up of a few decent players, a few ok players, a few players I don't know where they got them from and a couple of really really bad players.

Kenny Miller is a very poor player now, he was OK when he had some pace but that went long ago, the fact that England lost 2 goals to a team that had him up front alone is really quite embarrassing. Anyone with half a brain should be rightly questioning the ability of the England team and probably quite fearful of what is going to happen next year, it will not go well.

Of course the delusion kicks in, I have read several times "that is Scotland world cup and just training for us", whatever. The evidence is fairly clear that England are not and have never been a very good football team, if people can't see what is staring them in the face then who am I to try to change their mind.

There is a misconception that people in Scotland hate the English and their football team, we don't, what we do hate is the insufferable 'build up' to these competitions, the 'we could do it this time' tulipe then the blaming that goes on to anyone that might be connected to the defeat. We laugh at this in the same way we laugh when you see your ugly dick head mate get a series of embarrassing knock backs from women completely out his range.

For this I am looking forward to your world cup in Brazil, however last night was not our world cup, we really don't care that much.

Comment

Until we stop playing 11-a-side for kids under 14, England will not win an international tournament.

We panicked 15 years ago and said the kids need more coaching. Now they are over-coached from an early age.

Just let them play, have fun and develop at their own pace.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  That Scotland team was made up of a few decent players, a few ok players, a few players I don't know where they got them from and a couple of really really bad players.

Kenny Miller is a very poor player now, he was OK when he had some pace but that went long ago, the fact that England lost 2 goals to a team that had him up front alone is really quite embarrassing. Anyone with half a brain should be rightly questioning the ability of the England team and probably quite fearful of what is going to happen next year, it will not go well.

Of course the delusion kicks in, I have read several times "that is Scotland world cup and just training for us", whatever. The evidence is fairly clear that England are not and have never been a very good football team, if people can't see what is staring them in the face then who am I to try to change their mind.

There is a misconception that people in Scotland hate the English and their football team, we don't, what we do hate is the insufferable 'build up' to these competitions, the 'we could do it this time' tulipe then the blaming that goes on to anyone that might be connected to the defeat. We laugh at this in the same way we laugh when you see your ugly dick head mate get a series of embarrassing knock backs from women completely out his range.

For this I am looking forward to your world cup in Brazil, however last night was not our world cup, we really don't care that much.
                  You never see that many scots turning up to a friendly (especially away) against anyone other than England.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                    You never see that many scots turning up to a friendly (especially away) against anyone other than England.
                    If you haven't worked out the multifarious reasons behind that then you are a bit out of touch.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X