• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well that's not very Zen, now is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's not very Zen, now is it?

BBC News - Sri Lanka Buddhist mob attacks Colombo mosque

Are any of you hu-mans not religious nutcases?

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Are any of you hu-mans not religious nutcases?

One 'not religious nutcase' reporting for duty!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

That's right you're just a regular humanist fruitcake
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Better to be a fruitcake than a nut. Nuts are just so obsessed...!
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          That's right you're just a regular humanist fruitcake
          No, not even a humanist; they often have a bee in their bonnet about religion and I haven't. I'm not really an '-ist' of any sort, except sometimes a cyclist. I don't have an issue with religion; it works for some people but not for me as I don't believe the supernatural stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            No, not even a humanist; they often have a bee in their bonnet about religion and I haven't. I'm not really an '-ist' of any sort, except sometimes a cyclist. I don't have an issue with religion; it works for some people but not for me as I don't believe the supernatural stuff.
            Fine, you're just a plain fruitcake. Hmm, can you have a plain fruitcake... wouldn't that be a non-fruit cake?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Perhaps a fruit cake soaked in brandy.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Perhaps a fruit cake soaked in brandy.
                Yum yum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty
                  I'm not an expert on religion or Buddhism, but I thought that one of the main principles of Buddhism was non-violence?

What I take from this news story, together with my own philosophical ponderings on the condition we call "life", is that no matter what one's spiritual beliefs are, as long as one is a physical being (ie a body that is "alive") one cannot escape the day-to-day struggles of life in the physical world in the sense of darwinian evolution. In other words, your religion or spiritual beliefs may inform you that violence is wrong, but sooner or later you are probably going to have to use violence if you want to protect/maintain your way of life without unwelcome outside interference.

What say the esteemed CUK panel?
                  Well, there might be something in that. I always thought it a bit odd to listen to non-violent Bhuddists, who would rather die than harm a fly, when their immune systems were killing billions of enemy microbes every day.
                  Vegetarians as well. It's all very well not killing an animal, but if less animals get husbanded, you are just killing them in a different way

anyways, if Bhudda was a non-violent vegetarian, how come he got to be such a fat cnt ?

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X