• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Global Warming loons are out of bed again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Global Warming loons are out of bed again

Pay more for your petrol, gas and electric or else.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Pay more for your petrol, gas and electric or else.
    Or else the houses of parliament get flooded?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

At least they are still able to run a Bus service, so not all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Or else the houses of parliament get flooded?
        With all the politicians inside?

Comment

They could have at least had a sharknado in the photos, amateurs! how are we supposed to believe their science now
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

The pictures remind me of Medieval paintings of Hell and damnation
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I paid £1.41 a litre for diesel yesterday..

and it is the middle of summer - it is going to be around £1.60 per litre by xmas.....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

and it is the middle of summer - it is going to be around £1.60 per litre by xmas.....
                I had that shock last weekend. I was starting to wonder whether the pump was faulty and not cutting off, half expecting diesel to come spilling all over me, when the cost just kept going up. Not long now and we'll be paying £100 a tank. It wouldn't be so bad if there was some alternative.

LPG... never took off.
                Electric... nowhere near ready.
                Train... ah ha.. ah hah ha ha ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

I'm sure it was higher than 1.41 that late last year?

They have to be careful now, it seems to me that they found where inelasticity of demand for petrol/diesel stops, as volumes had started to fall with the increases over the last couple of years.

Comment

I must have a large tank filled it up and got 20 fags total = £102.44

like wtf!!!

is it petrol prices or are we just being burned on tax even more than we were?

Comment

Working...
                    X