• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the market like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the market like?

Been back at work this week. Immediately summoned to the US leaving on Sunday.

Huge amount of prep work done. Project planning, task setting. I met with everyone, 1 on 1 and as team meetings. Everyone was tasked.

Come back and the project has moved on inches, not the miles it was supposed to be on. The project manager thought that my deputy was moving it on. He thought that the stakeholder was doing it and as an ex-developer spent time doing coding on something else(I sort of lost track of time he said). She thought the PM was doing it. Meanwhile the developers coded something completely different because the sprintmaster put the wrong priorities on the stories and so they did the wrong sprint.

They've now put my 'pissy attitude' on last nights call down to 'cultural differences'.

Already stressed and not sleeping again.

Please
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Suuuuuuuity!!!!

<<Canned laughter>>

Comment

You're a permie. Get yourself down the doc and get signed off with stress.

Comment

Oh grow some.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The market for people with the right skills is booming. Work from home as well. Only cretins would run around like a blue-arsed fly to make a living.

HTH
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Suuuuuuuity!!!!

<<Canned laughter>>
            ... And WHS.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              You're a permie. Get yourself down the doc and get signed off with stress.
              He's in the US so thats not an option.

However as pondlife says ask Suittty he'll know what to do.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Suuuuuuuity!!!!

<<Canned laughter>>
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  This is serious. I've been having dreams of quitting & sitting on a beach with the wife & kids. Shudder.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    What's the market like?
                    It's a place where people put stalls selling fruit and veg at a profit and unwanted sledges for less than they paid for them.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X