• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something that really annoys me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something that really annoys me...

..and judging by the number of people who do it I bet a few of you on here are guilty of this too :

People at petrol stations who won't use a pump when it's on the opposite side to their filler cap and just sit there blocking my route to that pump

I mean, a minibus or something fair enough but a Fiat 500? Sheesh....

If they're queuing in-lane for the pump on their preferred side, why are they in your way?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think they are great I get to the pump faster. They are just like drivers who think a fiat 500 won't go through the gap to get to the pump then I get to prove the mighty Mondeo does!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Random thought - I wonder if a manned petrol pump could actually pay for itself in busy stations? You pay someone £8/hr to man the pump and it saves all the time of getting out of the car, walking to the kiosk, etc. I know many pumps know take payment at the pump - which is just wonderful IMO - but even then I reckon you could save a bit of time. Either you get more cars through, or could have one less pump in the first place.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Random thought - I wonder if a manned petrol pump could actually pay for itself in busy stations? You pay someone £8/hr to man the pump and it saves all the time of getting out of the car, walking to the kiosk, etc. I know many pumps know take payment at the pump - which is just wonderful IMO - but even then I reckon you could save a bit of time. Either you get more cars through, or could have one less pump in the first place.
          I like to 'pay at pump', but they must lose a lot on the shop sales which is probably more profitable for them.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            If they're queuing in-lane for the pump on their preferred side, why are they in your way?
            Because the entrance going in gets gridlocked before you get into lane. This happened today - if the bloke at the front had gone to an available pump that was was on the opposite side we'd all have got moving again.

Comment

I don't like pay@pump as many times the receipt doesn't print out
              Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                People at petrol stations who won't use a pump when it's on the opposite side to their filler cap and just sit there blocking my route to that pump
                And whose bright idea was to make filler cap on the other side from the driver?

I guess they are just cheapskates and don't want to adapt model for UK market

Comment

Its still a bloke who fills the car for you in New Zealand, and they clean the windscreen or give you a free car wash if you buy a full tank. And they automatically pack your bags in the supermarket too.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    And whose bright idea was to make filler cap on the other side from the driver?

I guess they are just cheapskates and don't want to adapt model for UK market
                    My Merc has the filler cap on the right side it's the command control & cruise stalk that's a fooked up conversion
                    Last edited by Troll; 15 August 2013, 20:29.
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X