• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 1980's...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1980's...

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 26 March 2017, 18:23.

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    ...Great music, tulip music-videos, tulip fashions (clothing). Do you remember those horrible jeans known as "baggies"? They were baggy around the thighs and had elastic that gathered them around the ankle. They looked ridiculous. Ugh!
    Its Hammer time.

Its all Maggie's fault, she closed them pits and sold all the council houses.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Its Hammer time.

Its all Maggie's fault, she closed them pits and sold all the council houses.
      Blaming her for mc hammer is going a bit too far IMO
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
        ...Great music, tulip music-videos, tulip fashions (clothing). Do you remember those horrible jeans known as "baggies"? They were baggy around the thighs and had elastic that gathered them around the ankle. They looked ridiculous. Ugh!
        I used to wear pants called pegs. Do you remember them? They were baggy with a pleat that came all the way up the front of each leg to the waistline.

Comment

In the 80s we were taking in all our jeans. Anything that could pull over your ankle with ease was 'flares'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty
            Drainpipes? Another silly extreme, at least in denim. However I do like stretchy black leggins on a girl if she has good legs. But I see that as more of a 1990's thing.
            I wore jeans and a donkey jacket. My more feminine counterparts were in ra-ra skirts.

Comment

I remember jeans got baggy around mid 1988. Out with stonewashed, in with baggy... But not flares, no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                I remember jeans got baggy around mid 1988. Out with stonewashed, in with baggy... But not flares, no thanks.
                Snowwash - now that was horrible!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty
                  Donkey jacket? Respect!

Did you feel like you had 100,000 stony-faced union-card-carrying manual labourers backing you up whereever you went?
                  My dad was shop steward...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Snowwash - now that was horrible!
                    Is that white denim? There used to be this geezer at one of our local nightclubs (well, our only one actually - Oscar's at Longleat - long since closed) and he would hit the dance floor on his own before anyone else was pissed enough to get up and dance. He wore white denim trousers, white denim jacket and white gloves. He also had a hairstyle which I think was called a backperm - a bit like a mullet - really short on top and Kevin Keegan at the back. He would get up there and do this style of dancing which I seem to recall was called bodypopping. And while he was doing it he had a facial expression that made it look like he was having every sexual climax he'd ever experienced rolled into one. How the feck did he get away with that?

Comment

Working...
                    X