• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you kill a totally tulip PM for less than £1m pounds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you kill a totally tulip PM for less than £1m pounds

Just asking like....

And before anyone asks:-

He's permie
    Its his first project but he hasn't learnt a thing if anything he's going backwards.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Are you waiting to see who will put in the lowest bid?

Comment

I'd probably find it easier than the puppy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Are you waiting to see who will put in the lowest bid?
        but other criteria will be applied.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Just asking like....

And before anyone asks:-

He's permie
          Its his first project but he hasn't learnt a thing if anything he's going backwards.
          No. tulip permies keep us invoicing. There should be more of them.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            No. tulip permies keep us invoicing. There should be more of them.
            This one wants it done yesterday has a plan that shows it should have been done yesterday and hide the dependencies that meant doing it by yesterday was impossible.

Result 1 is a very annoyed client who now don't want to pay the next bill. Are you sure that that allows us to keep invoicing.

Thankfully it's not my project it's one of ....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              This one wants it done yesterday has a plan that shows it should have been done yesterday and hide the dependencies that meant doing it by yesterday was impossible.

Result 1 is a very annoyed client who now don't want to pay the next bill. Are you sure that that allows us to keep invoicing.

Thankfully it's not my project it's one of ....
              So luckily for me, on my project the dev team realised that they'd fooked up the prioritisations of their sprints and are now trying to reprioritise so we can back on track.

In the meantime the business have freaked out because I insisted we still deploy this quarter if we get back on track which means everyone has to work extra time for training, testing etc. Interesting one person was so anti deployment as it impacted them directly she threatened to quit. I then offered

Spock Logic The Needs of the Many - YouTube

As the reply.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                So luckily for me, on my project the dev team realised that they'd fooked up the prioritisations of their sprints and are now trying to reprioritise so we can back on track.

In the meantime the business have freaked out because I insisted we still deploy this quarter if we get back on track which means everyone has to work extra time for training, testing etc. Interesting one person was so anti deployment as it impacted them directly she threatened to quit. I then offered

Spock Logic The Needs of the Many - YouTube

As the reply.
                I will correct my earlier statement.

Would anyone like to kill a tulipy pm and separately a beached whale of a product manager who didn't employ the right team structure. Travel costs are not included.

Comment

I'd do it for a sausage sandwich
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I'd do it for a sausage sandwich
                    I've heard that.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X