• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying specs online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying specs online

Has anybody ever bought prescription frames online? Do you trust them? Can you recommend any?

I'm after some quality Italian frames that I can't find at Specsavers, Boots, Vision Express. They have them expensive but not really good quality.

I've found a couple of online retailets but they don't answer emails, phone rings free for ages, the whole thing looks a bit dodgy.

Thanks

PG
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Try
    Julian Gooddy
    Posh Eyes
    Tel. 01865400384

www.posheyes.co.uk
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I bought from a place called metsuki and had no problems and saved circa £225 all in compared to street prices (I got for the thinnest lense) just checked there website though and they stopped trading . I had no problems, glasses were not in stock but I had them within 2 weeks from ordering. I had to send them an old pair as there is a measurement they need the high street places won't give out because they don't want you getting them online but they can get measurement off old specs you have (the measurement doesn't change).

I wouldnt buy from high street again, only thing I would do differently is check the frames in store first, the frames I got this time I just saw online didnt try.

ta
      I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Can't you just by the frames online and then get the lenses from your optician of choice?

Not even sure they'd be allowed to sell prescription lenses online unless you sent them a copy of your eye test.

Edit: Apparently I'm talking Bollox again.
        Last edited by Pondlife; 16 August 2013, 09:28. Reason: bollox

Comment

Dead Men's Spex - Vintage Glasses, Frames, Spectacles and Retro Eyewear
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

For a couple of grand get your eyes lasered and never have to worry about the cost of glasses again.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              For a couple of grand get your eyes lasered and never have to worry about the cost of glasses again.
              According to the Royal College of Ophthalmologists;
              "The ‘overall risk’ of something going wrong with laser surgery *— including floaters and dry eyes — is ‘less than 5 per cent’"
              Stuff that; I can understand getting laser surgery if you have really tulipe eyesight, but otherwise, I'd say a 'less than 5 percent' risk of something going wrong with your eyes is too much risk.

Anyway, specs are cool.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

We always use vision express. they are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  According to the Royal College of Ophthalmologists;

Stuff that; I can understand getting laser surgery if you have really tulipe eyesight, but otherwise, I'd say a 'less than 5 percent' risk of something going wrong with your eyes is too much risk.

Anyway, specs are cool.
                  WHS.

If you don't like glasses, get contacts

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    WHS.

If you don't like glasses, get contacts
                    For some perscriptions contacts won't give as good vision as glasses with same perscription. I would love to ditch my specs full time but can't because of this, for example I can't drive or us a computer wearing lenses I have to wear my specs.
                    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Working...
                    X