• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you overly picky?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you overly picky?

Do you like to find fault with perfectly good polls for no reason?
    Yes
    38.46%
    No
    30.77%
    AndyW's mum picks my pole everytime
    30.77%
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Good AndyW choice
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

These yes/no polls are a bit limited in choice. Can we have something with a few more options?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
        These yes/no polls are a bit limited in choice. Can we have something with a few more options?
        WHS; pickiness is a context dependent attribute.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

if your poll option miss choices you never thought of then you can be sure you will get a good telling off!

Why doesn't your poll have?

1. I'm just precise its not my fault you are sloppy typical Man/Woman/Chimp delete as appropriate.

3. This poll is biased against Aardvarks.

77. Where is I am far richer than Yow option?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            if your poll option miss choices you never thought of then you can be sure you will get a good telling off!
            The point of a poll is to pick one of the pollsters options. If you want to turn a yes/no question into a 500 word essay then there is a "create new thread" button you can use
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              The point of a poll is to pick one of the pollsters options. If you want to turn a yes/no question into a 500 word essay then there is a "create new thread" button you can use
              whoosh or bad afternoon?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Do you like to find fault with perfectly good polls for no reason?
                If the polls were perfectly good, there would be no reason to find fault.
                If you find a fault, it's because they fail the "perfectly good" test.

Every fault generally has a reason attached to it.

Every perceived fault described usually illustrates the pollsters failure to consider a wider set of possibilities.

Comment

I find fault with polls which have no appropriate answer for me, or polls which have ranges which overlap, or polls which have ranges that miss border values, or polls which have an ambiguous question or question that contracdicts the thread title, or polls which fail to provide an adequate, and preferably amusing, AndyW option.

This poll passes. Just.

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
                    If the polls were perfectly good, there would be no reason to find fault.
                    If you find a fault, it's because they fail the "perfectly good" test.

Every fault generally has a reason attached to it.

Every perceived fault described usually illustrates the pollsters failure to consider a wider set of possibilities.
                    So that's a yes then.

Comment

Working...
                    X