• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do you like CUK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you like CUK?

For me it started off as a genuine interest in contracting and there is nothing for social workers. Now it's the wit and sometimes the wisdom. Some very bright people on here, plus some who act like d**ks but are probably putting on an act, at least I hope they are. Plus you should see the social work forums.

Why do you like CUK?

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    Why do you like CUK?
    It's free.

Comment

...Now it's the wit and sometimes the wisdom. Some very bright people on here, plus some who act like d**ks but are probably putting on an act, at least I hope they are. ...
      That covers it, I guess. Plus the power to ban people.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

For me it started off as a genuine interest in contracting and there is nothing for social workers. Now it's the wit and sometimes the wisdom. Some very bright people on here, plus some who act like d**ks but are probably putting on an act, at least I hope they are. Plus you should see the social work forums.

Why do you like CUK?
        Because I'd probably be arrested or beaten up if I was going to head down to the local mental health and special needs school and take the piss. On here you can get away with it.

You cretins.

Sas
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I have been looking for a chutney spoon forum - not luck. But cuk is the next closest thing.

Comment

because it fills the time when I'm <----
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              because it fills the time when I'm <----
              You are bored at 6pm on a Saturday?

I might be bored as I am restricted to a chair/bed. But how can someone able bodied be bored?

Comment

Frankly it's a little addictive. Don't know why because frankly its a waste of time.

I believe it stems from the community of like minded individuals and the banter which as a contractor who moves from place to place or company to company you effectively are excluded from (from a work perspective).

For all the years I've been on CUK (97/98) certain posters Prawn, Churchill, AtW have also been around, which is why we're all sick of each other.

Comment

Because it is the only place I am respected, well liked and people haven't worked out that I don't know my arse from my elbow yet.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Because it is the only place I am respected, well liked and people haven't worked out that I don't know my arse from my elbow yet.
                    Lads, I haven't got the heart to tell him the truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X