• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best P2P filesharing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best P2P filesharing

As an occasional downloader and considering the "demise" of my former trusty-friend Kazaa , what is the view as to the best P2P filesharer out there ?

best p2p

Bit of a tricky one in this day and age I am afraid...

Torrent is a superb way of getting files. Have a look at mininova.org, torrentspy.com or isohunt.com to look for torrents and then download them using a torrent program such as http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ which has always worked well for me.

Big downside to torrents is any fecker downloading from you or taking the same torrent as you can see your IP address and therefore could get you into trouble.

Have mates who use emule who say it is wicked but not sure how secure this is either. I am waiting for the day that a simple, anonymous torrent system comes out.

Any other ideas anyone?
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

I use Azureus as a bit torrent client, it has everything you need. Bit torrent is good for larger files that are popular and recent i.e. TV series/Movies/Albums. Emule is good for smaller files and more obscure files i.e. Techie ebooks.

Comment

I have found torrent to be good for techie books too

http://www.ebookshare.net
        my ferret is your ferret

Comment

P2P? Bah! Good old-fashioned Usenet binaries if your ISP carries them (or Giganews/Supernews if it doesn't).

Comment

Working...
          X