• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sage accounts - bunch of amateurs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage accounts - bunch of amateurs

User admin console - null point errors all over the place. Seems to work, so probably a flaky gui. Not what I expect from a mature commercial product.

Customer support portal - change your password, and they send you a nice email telling you what you've changed it to. FFS
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    User admin console - null point errors all over the place. Seems to work, so probably a flaky gui. Not what I expect from a mature commercial product.

Customer support portal - change your password, and they send you a nice email telling you what you've changed it to. FFS
    Jesus. Can you not even use Sage now. I'm surprised you can find the exit from the Mods washroom.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

About 2 years into my contracting career I bought sage, instant accounts it was. What an awful pos. Once you ****ed up the over complex setup proceess there was no way to start over. I ended up binning it.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There are worse aspects to the product.... Much much worse however the password bit is due to their customer base and the fact HMRC adopt the exact same approach to passwords...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

My wife, an ex-accountant, has no trouble using Sage Instant Accounts to do my books.
          Then again, she used to use Sage (amongst other accounting packages) at the various companies where she used to work.

Comment

Quickbooks is not exactly the best coded either.

I think its more about the original designers of the application. These are Accountants turned coders not coders writing accounts packages.

I just about managed to do my accounts but I'm sure an accountant would have more flair.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Maybe if they merged with these people you could tell them to get stuffed

http://accountingonion.com/
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The only redeeming feature of Sage is that nearly all accounts have it, so if you're doing the basic bookeeping they can easily read the figures

Of course you could just use Excel...
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Quickbooks is not exactly the best coded either.
                  I just about managed to do my accounts but I'm sure an accountant would have more flair.
                  'accountant' and 'flair' in the same sentence. Must be a first.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAccountant View Post
                    'accountant' and 'flair' in the same sentence. Must be a first.
                    I think he meant flares.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X