• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children. Best thing in life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children. Best thing in life

Mates who had kids used to go it was the greatest achievement in their life. 'Oh it will change your life, you'll never be the same, it was the best thing I ever did'

Well having always thought these people probably had nothing else in their life and they were possibly saddos, having now had a little baby, I am now of the opinion that I WAS RIGHT!

What a load of bollocks. People who think having kids was their greatest achievement have obviously never done anything with their lives. You dont have to do anything spectacular to have kids - its not exactly difficult is it.

Trekking across the Himalayas for a month was hard and an achievement. Getting a schooner across to Easter island is an achievement, drinking 24 pints in one day without chucking up is an achievement. Having kids isnt.

And no, it doesnt really change your life. My missus snoring keeps me just awake as screaming kids. Nappy changing is a doddle, feeding is a doddle.

We still go out. Shes been all over the country in her first 8 weeks, including abroad.

So is it live changing?

No. Its just another hanger on.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I love kids, couldnt eat a whole one though.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I think you need to lie down for a while MF.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
        What a load of bollocks. People who think having kids was their greatest achievement have obviously never done anything with their lives. You dont have to do anything spectacular to have kids - its not exactly difficult is it.
        Women might have a different slant on that.

It's not suprising that people with kids always seem so miserable. It must be akin to doing 24x7 support, 365 days per year, on an 18 year contract with no ability to get out early. Which wouldn't be so bad if it was you were raking in the cash, but it actually costs you money to do the job.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

8 weeks - you ain't seen nothing yet mate ... mine is nearly 6 months - lovely little boy ...

... very tough full time job being a mum though as I found out to my cost as I was off "sick" (yes!) for 4 days this week ...

Comment

When people say it will change your life I think they mean your focus on life changes from yourself to your child's life. It does change your life, going to the cinema requires arranging a babysitter going out requires 30 Min's of packing nappies food milk etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              People who think having kids was their greatest achievement...
              Sooner or later not killing the little darling will turn out to be your biggest achievement.

Comment

Its quite often an acheivement if they have enough brains to keep them out of jail and to get a job and eventually move out.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
                  Its quite often an acheivement if they have enough brains to keep them out of jail and to get a job and eventually move out.
                  Do they never stop ******* screaming!!!!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've got 1x 2.5 year old and a newborn. Lots of trouble but they are fun

Kids are your most important and greatest achievement ever. You are here to procreate and continue the human race. If you think there is another point then you are deluded.

If you hate your kids, you've only got yourself to blame at the end of the day.
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                    X