• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FQXi Essay Contest this year - "It from Bit"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FQXi Essay Contest this year - "It from Bit"

Any budding or fully flowered physicists here looked at this year's efforts, at FQXi Community ?

I was shocked by the amount of kookery and blatant spamming in the comments. I'm sure it wasn't as bad in previous years. The moderators are doing a bad job, and should be running a tighter ship if the whole thing is to be taken even moderately seriously.

Was planning to read each entry, but there are so many this year and I suspect many are sheer nonsense!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Was planning to read each entry, but there are so many this year and I suspect many are sheer nonsense!
    Sounds like a perfect holiday destination.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It sounds like they have built an incredibly powerful magnet.

For crackpots.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        It sounds like they have built an incredibly powerful magnet.

For crackpots.
        I reported about 30 "inappropriate posts" from the most egregious and repetitive crackpots, but am bored with it now.

Why on Earth don't the authors themselves help weed out the rubbish? You'd think they of all people would want to keep the discussions relevant.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
        X