• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linked In disconnection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked In disconnection

Some agent who I don't know keeps "endorsing" me on linked in for skills I didn't know I have, so I have disconnected him.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Thanks for sharing.

Have you told us what you had for breakfast yet?

Comment

Spag bol and 4 cups of coffee.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It's funny you should mention it actually - I just spotted that an agent had endorsed me on LinkedIn also. This was an agent who's found me a few gigs, and it was for a relevant skill though.

Is this something new gonig around, agents endorsing people? I've not seen it happening before.
        I wonder if it's to try to exploit something in LinkedIn's stats or something. I'm guessing LinkedIn counts you as "more important" if you've been endorsing other people, perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          It's funny you should mention it actually - I just spotted that an agent had endorsed me on LinkedIn also. This was an agent who's found me a few gigs, and it was for a relevant skill though.

Is this something new gonig around, agents endorsing people? I've not seen it happening before.
          I wonder if it's to try to exploit something in LinkedIn's stats or something. I'm guessing LinkedIn counts you as "more important" if you've been endorsing other people, perhaps.
          I think it's in the hope you endorse them back.

I seem to get an email every day telling me he's endorsed me for something or other, so I looked at his profile and I thought hang on, I don't have a clue who you are, so why are you connected to me.

Comment

Anyone can endorse anyone. It proves nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Anyone can endorse anyone. It proves nothing.
              Of course it proves nothing. That doesn't mean agents won't use it as a factor when trawling through data though.

Comment

I noticed one pimp on LI this morning had added a new skill for themselves called "Candidate generation".

"searching our database" or "received email from candidate" might be more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  I noticed one pimp on LI this morning had added a new skill for themselves called "Candidate generation".

"searching our database" or "received email from candidate" might be more accurate.
                  Or "Made up a new candidate to get on your PSL".

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

Or getting people sacked so they become candidates?

Comment

Working...
                    X