• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

extension beyond 2yrs at lloyds?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extension beyond 2yrs at lloyds?

Hi
    Does anyone here know whats Lloyds Banking Group's policy around extension beyond 2yrs?

Thanks,
    Bluedrop

I don't have any experience of this at Lloyds but have had a couple of exceptions to time limits on contractors staying around, if the business need is there then they can usually manage it.

There are a few folks at current ClientCo who have been around well beyond the alleged 2 year limit.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

They will keep you as long as they need you. Ignore all the 2yr rule guff. Plenty of bodies have been there for past 5 years now.

Comment

My client co has a two year limit on contractors. They told me all about it after 3.5 years .....

Being 'away' for six months or so resets the HR bods nervousness to 'calm' and you can go back if they want you after that time. Like wot I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
          They will keep you as long as they need you. Ignore all the 2yr rule guff. Plenty of bodies have been there for past 5 years now.
          Ditto - I did 3.5 years last time, I only left because I got itchy feet. Back there again now and met a bunch of people approaching or well past 5 yrs.
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
          X