• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds TSB the T must stand for Tulipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds TSB the T must stand for Tulipe

Absolutely unbelievable, I've already ranted a lot but thought hmm I wonder if this has ever happened to another contractor on here.

I finally paid a dividend and sent the money by fast pay to my current account in Lloyds from my Natwest account in the middle of last week. On Saturday I get a letter from Lloyds stating I need to take in photo ID to a branch as there's been unusual behaviour on my account. I go to the branch in Welwyn today and it turns out they want more information and won't unblock my account until it's provided. Now I didn't pay a large dividend to begin with but they wanted proof of my association to the business account coupled with proof that I sent the money from Natwest to Lloyds.

I spoke to the fraud team and they were about as useful as speaking to an offshore call centre, I mentioned to them in the 2 hours of my time they had wasted through all this palava I'd be seeking to reimbursed financially. Still I've no access to my money at the moment has anyone else ever experienced such genius customer service?
    In Scooter we trust

I'd be raging about that. You own some shares in a company which had paid a dividend. It's none of their business that you happen to own the company. It sounds very odd to me.

Edit: Just to be clear, this is the receiving account which has been blocked?

Comment

Sure is the receiving account that has been blocked, I went ballistic when I talked to the manager of the Fraud Team I asked him what gave him the right to keep my money from me and all I got was silence.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Lodge a formal complaint with them. If that doesn't work, complain to the Financial Ombudsman.

Comment

Vote with your Wallet and open up a Current Account with a bank who aren't knobs. Erm...there aren't any!
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Lodge a formal complaint with them. If that doesn't work, complain to the Financial Ombudsman.
            Good idea I've already lodged a formal complaint to them and if their response isn't satisfactory I'll be going the Ombudsman
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              Vote with your Wallet and open up a Current Account with a bank who aren't knobs. Erm...there aren't any!
              Tell me about it. I tried to open a 1-2-3 Account with Santander. The first time they sent me an email saying that my application didn't match the details they had on file for me and I needed to fill in a change of account details form. I don't have an account with them and I can't fill in the form because I don't have an account number. The second time they emailed back saying the address on my drivers licence didn't match my address. I'm pretty sure it did, seeing as I f***ing live there! I decided they don't want my money so I sent them a snarky email telling them I can see where they get their reputation for appalling customer service.

Comment

>£5-10k?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/MLR/mlr_msb.pdf

Risk assessment must also include the review and monitoring of the money
                laundering and terrorist financing risks to the business. The risk-based
                approach by the business will be informed by the monitoring of patterns of
                business, for example:
                • a sudden increase in business from an existing customer
                uncharacteristic transactions which are not in keeping with the customer’s
                known activities

• peaks of activity at particular locations or at particular times
                • unfamiliar or untypical types of customer or transaction.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  >£5-10k?
                  Unfortunately or fortunately no, though that did cross my mind when deciding to issue the dividend
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

No, I've never had a problem doing this - although it does trigger a phone call from Personal bank asking for me to contact them. The first time I did they wanted me to book an appointment with them (during the week!) to 'check that my pension and financial planning are meeting my future needs'.

Yeah, right....
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X