• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Faff off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faff off

Update from new gig. Project is a mess. No one knows what they are doing, PM is strong-arming the stakeholders into accepting a "cheap" solution, ie far short of their needs in terms of legislation, preventing reputational loss etc.

I've tried to grab a corner and give it a good hard shake, PM keeps putting the poison in and undermining me. Their programmer talks across me in meetings, about me e.g. "So do you think suity should gather those requirements first?" Er excuse me I'm in the room pal.

So I did something a bit out of character. The normal flounce reflex was there, but instead I escalated. I escalated as I cannot do my job. If the PM undermines me, the developer undermines me, and the senior stakeholder sends emails round to the other stakeholders with her own versions of the requirements documents then it is evident to me that no one understands their role on the project.

I should at this point make you understand that I am merely trying to get the high level requirements baselined and pushing the PM to get the business case signed off.

So apparently there was a project board meeting the other day. The PM got reamed out by the sponsor for not having the business case signed off or the requirements baselined.

And I wasn't invited to the project board.

At this point you'd think the PM would come to her BA for help, at least as a PID reviewer or getting some help with the business case (I know this is the execs job, but this rarely happens).

Surprisingly the escalation has been met with supportive tones.

Let's see.
    Last edited by suityou01; 20 August 2013, 06:09. Reason: E.g. not i.e.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Update from new gig. Project is a mess. No one knows what they are doing, PM is strong-arming the stakeholders into accepting a "cheap" solution, ie far short of their needs in terms of legislation, preventing reputational loss etc.

I've tried to grab a corner and give it a good hard shake, PM keeps putting the poison in and undermining me. Their programmer talks across me in meetings, about me e.g. "So do you think suity should gather those requirements first?" Er excuse me I'm in the room pal.

So I did something a bit out of character. The normal flounce reflex was there, but instead I escalated. I escalated as I cannot do my job. If the PM undermines me, the developer undermines me, and the senior stakeholder sends emails round to the other stakeholders with her own versions of the requirements documents then it is evident to me that no one understands their role on the project.

I should at this point make you understand that I am merely trying to get the high level requirements baselined and pushing the PM to get the business case signed off.

So apparently there was a project board meeting the other day. The PM got reamed out by the sponsor for not having the business case signed off or the requirements baselined.

And I wasn't invited to the project board.

At this point you'd think the PM would come to her BA for help, at least as a PID reviewer or getting some help with the business case (I know this is the execs job, but this rarely happens).

Let's see.
    You dont like reporting to a woman do you? Tell me, how was your fathers relationship with you mother?

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
      You dont like reporting to a woman do you? Tell me, how was your fathers relationship with you mother?
      Awful.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Go Suity!

Comment

You cannot make this up !!

Oh wait.. you can...
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Suity, why do you consider yourself as some kind of project ninja when just about every gig you are in is a disaster?

Are you ever going to have a usual suspects moment where all of the past clicks together and you realise that you are the weak link in their chain?

Comment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BdIev12fCPs

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                FTFY (when posting a video from your ipad could you replace the m after the http:// with www)

I would let you off it once but 10 times
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

So I did something a bit out of character. The normal flounce reflex was there, but instead I escalated. I escalated as I cannot do my job.

Let's see.
                    You're working on regulatory reporting at a bank , arent you?

Comment

Working...
                    X