• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration - social trouble on its way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigration - social trouble on its way

It seems immigration is fast soaring to No1 concern for the electorate. Some say it's already No1. And now it aint just the electorate who's worried.

Home Office warns of social tension
    The document, written by Home Office Minister Joan Ryan and obtained by the Mail on Sunday, says the influx of cheap labour is forcing British workers to take pay cuts, with serious implications for social tension.

Secret report warns of migration meltdown in Britain
    A massive rise in immigration next year could trigger a devastating crisis in Britain's schools, housing and welfare services, according to a secret Government report leaked to The Mail on Sunday.

Councils step up warnings of migrant pressure on resources
    Councils step up warnings of migrant pressure on resources
    Local authorities warned yesterday that the government's failure to produce accurate figures on numbers of immigrant workers threatens to leave them severely short of cash to provide public services.

Immigration - how New Labour got the numbers completely wrong
    When future historians assess New Labour's vandalism of the United Kingdom's cultural, political and commercial fabric, the wilful destruction of border controls will surely be judged as the measure that caused most pain.

Doomed!

Comment

Rivers of Blood
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Better get your names down on the housing list now before saturation point and before the repossesion order arrives!

Comment

Yard quizzes three Muslim officers in hunt for terrorist sleepers

SCOTLAND YARD has placed one of its Muslim officers on restricted duties while it investigates intelligence that he may have attended a terror camp linked to Al-Qaeda in Pakistan.

The policeman — who firmly denies the allegations — is said by police sources to be one of three Muslim officers questioned in a Yard search for terror “sleeper cells” in its ranks.

The move follows disclosures earlier this month that Islamic terrorist sympathisers had attempted to infiltrate the intelligence services by applying for jobs in MI5.

It raises the risk of terrorist “fifth columnists” passing on information about secret operations and compromising the identities of undercover agents.

Comment

It's a pity it is only discussed in the mainstream once it is too late.

And it is, IMHO, too late.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

The mail on sunday, eh, guess if you like your Sunday mornings on the hysterical side then that's the source to get your news and views from.

We're dooomed.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Ok to shout "scaremongering" Snaw but is the report wrong or exaggerated? In my searches on this subject, for every exaggeration in the the right wing press there is a deliberate conspiracy of silence on the real costs of inadequately controlled immigration elsewhere. No need to go to extremist websites, just look at some of these issues in government reports, from hospitals, health and education authorities etc.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The problem is that you morons have let the wrong f8ckers in to your country!

Everyone knows that the only people you should be letting in are those who have similar social structures...and those countries ARENT Pakistan, Asia, Pakistan!

Then again, if you let in only kiwis, criminal yobs and saffas that means you poms wont have any high paying jobs in banking...so maybe it is for the best that you let in people from any country that ends in "stan"

Mailman

Comment

Oz has a few serial killers and layabouts too. I think it's more to the point that individuals are properly checked, and checks should include one for a proper degree of committment to our society and acceptance of its major principles of secularism, free speech and individual freedom. Crazy that it seems to be harder to get a job as a shop assistant than admission to the UK. Above all, it's about reasonable numbers.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X