• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Number 13

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number 13

Premier Inns have no room 13. It always reminds me of M. R. James' ghost story Number 13

(Tall ones have no floor 13, which at least makes for one less floor to go down when the fire alarm goes off.)

IIRC most flights have no row 13 either.

Comment

I didn't have a 13th year, which makes me 1 year younger :-)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Premier Inns have no room 13. It always reminds me of M. R. James' ghost story Number 13

(Tall ones have no floor 13, which at least makes for one less floor to go down when the fire alarm goes off.)
        Travelodges do have a room 13 (I checked this morning).
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          IIRC most flights have no row 13 either.
          I sat in row 13 on a couple of flights recently - I can't remember which airlines that was with.

Looking at my BA flight this Friday there is a row 13.

Comment

Thats not fair. Some of us find there is great luck in the number 13... Why shouldn't I be able to take a room or seat with my lucky number?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
              I sat in row 13 on a couple of flights recently - I can't remember which airlines that was with.

Looking at my BA flight this Friday there is a row 13.
              I know KLM don't and often on larger aircraft row 13 would fall between business and cattle so it's easily omitted. Apparently some now leave out row 17 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                I know KLM don't and often on larger aircraft row 13 would fall between business and cattle so it's easily omitted. Apparently some now leave out row 17 too.
                Looking at Seatguru, you're right - for KLM 747s it's not even that the row falls in a galley area, they just skip it.

Comment

A lot of streets don't have a 13. I know ours doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    A lot of streets don't have a 13. I know ours doesn't.
                    I do actually live at number 13 on my street.

Comment

Working...
                    X