• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birmingham twinned with Ramallah !?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birmingham twinned with Ramallah !?!

Just seen this news story come in on the BBC website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/5229262.stm

An MP and eight other British women have been deported from Israel while on a trip to build links between Ramallah and Birmingham. Israeli authorities ordered them out of the country after they arrived at Tel Aviv airport from the Midlands.

It includes Birmingham Selly Oak MP Dr Lynne Jones, Yvonne Washbrook president of Birmingham Trades Council, and Respect party councillor Salma Iqbal.

The trip aimed to build links with women in the region following a number of fund raising efforts by Birmingham's Ramallah Twinning Committee.

wtf !!

all no doubt paid for by taxpayers/council tax payers money !

what a disgrace.

so they were trying to twin Birmingham with Ramallah in Gaza and what does Birmingham have in common with the Palestine ?

Well, both cities have deprivation to some degree, both cities have cultural divides caused by immigration, and both are places no one would want to send their kids to school in.

Oh, and both have lots of people linked to terrorism.

We should increase our council tax and send the Royal Navy to evacuate them all to Birmingham.

Who knows, maybe the Israelis will soon start assasinating the terrorists we have given asylum to. Hopefully.
    Last edited by mcquiggd; 30 July 2006, 23:48.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Those women are probably lucky to have a job instead of being stuck at home dressed as Jawas!

Mailman

Comment

Dressed as Jawas? Muslim women are forced to dress up as old Czech motorcycles now? What next?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          Well, both cities have deprivation to some degree, both cities have cultural divides caused by immigration, and both are places no one would want to send their kids to school in.

Oh, and both have lots of people linked to terrorism.

We should increase our council tax and send the Royal Navy to evacuate them all to Birmingham.

Who knows, maybe the Israelis will soon start assasinating the terrorists we have given asylum to. Hopefully.
          Bournemouth is twinned with Netanya Israel. Nobody from the council asked the electorate if they wanted to do so. The only similarity with the two towns is they have the same number of Synagogues. It’s a great excuse for the councillors to jet off to meetings with their twined town at tax payer’s expense.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Swindon is twinned with the beautiful and exclusive island of Mustique.

Makes sense in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              Swindon is twinned with the beautiful and exclusive island of Mustique.

Makes sense in my mind.
              Thought it was twinned with some kraut place?......Salzgitter or such like?
              Should be twinned with Dresden if you ask me!!!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                Thought it was twinned with some kraut place?......Salzgitter or such like?
                Should be twinned with Dresden if you ask me!!!
                You're way behind, Coventry is twinned with Dresden
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

>so they were trying to twin Birmingham with Ramallah in Gaza

That's one way to upset the Palestinians...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X