• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else deliberately staying benched over the summer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else deliberately staying benched over the summer?

Busted my hump all last year and up to July, no ******** way am I working until at least the end of this month, might have the odd look at the alerts but the old warchest is heaving so...all good.

Gym, Coffee shop, Pub lunch, Coffee shop, Sleep, Repeat.

How about you chaps? Anyone actually WANT to be deskbound (and yeah, I know a few of you have company cars and whatnot)??

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
    Busted my hump all last year and up to July, no ******** way am I working until at least the end of this month, might have the odd look at the alerts but the old warchest is heaving so...all good.

How about you chaps? Anyone actually WANT to be deskbound (and yeah, I know a few of you have company cars and whatnot)??
    I had planed to be benched from the begining of August until after the kids go back but got an extension that kept me working
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post

Thought about it. Daughter born mid-June contract ended end June. Would have been a good time to have few months off.

But then with holiday planned for September a decent paid gig came up for 7 weeks in July-Aug so I took it. Was a lot of hassle and didn't work out too well on a personal level (away from home for a bit) but its money. Im sure on Friday when I drive home for the last time and its all done I'll be happy to count the cash as will the Mrs.

Warchest is OK but I would have been stressed going with nothing for two months and then going on hols. At least this way, holiday (and more) is paid for.

Hoping to get back into it in october before it goes quiet for xmas. Not the end of the world now if I have to wait till new year though. hey ho.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X