• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More PC madness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More PC madness

lthough in this case I'm not sure who is more worrying, the guy who complained or the yokels taking part
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Definitely the guy who complained.

The rights activists will be bombing sainsburys fresh meat section next.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

But the sport has now been banned after an animal rights activist complained that it was "disrespectful" to dead fish and threatened to campaign against the event.
      Disrespect toward dead fish !

PC madness indeed. Equally this is just somebody 'looking for trouble'. I'm not sure this ban can possibly be legal, or equally, could even be legally endorsed.

If the RNLI felt intimidated by any threatened campaign, they could counter with ...

"any campaign that threatens the smooth running of the RNLI can only serve to threaten the lives of people, x number of whom are saved by the RNLI every year".

Comment

RUBBISH! Anyone finding a dead animal, whether eel or earthworm, should inter its little corpse with all due ceremony beneath a decent stone costing not less than £300 and go into a prolonged period of mourning.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

"disrespectful" to dead fish
          That's the funniest thing I've heard in ages! Nice one Dave.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Unbelievable....

One person complained...pathetic.
            http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

I cannot but think that this person also laughs at Monty Python's various fish based sketches...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                He should be assaulted with a dead chicken to make up for it all.
                totally...

So all our 'little Hitlers' are now animal rights activists instead of train/bus conductors....

Comment

And here is the offending fish in action!

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I'm sure it would offensive to the very core of this ancient tradition (est. 1974), but have the RNLI considered getting hold of a fake eel, like those things they make for dinosaur or snake films? I'm sure they could order an extra big one to make whatever the fuck they do with it even more exciting than it is now.

Then, at the end, they could just kill and eat a real eel as this would not be offensive to the eel presumably.

Comment

Working...
                    X