• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shining so very brightly.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shining so very brightly.

How's about this for a torch then?

Black Bullet X - 1.000.000 Lux/Candela

I wonder if you can pop balloons with it.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    How's about this for a torch then?

Black Bullet X - 1.000.000 Lux/Candela

I wonder if you can pop balloons with it.
    I can’t access the link but beware. There are so many items on the market with false claims about candle power and lux. It seem to be an advertising trick to use 1,000,000 candle power that means FA.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If you shined that up at a cloud
      then moved it quickly, the spot on the cloud would move across

if the cloud were high enough, and you flicked it fast enough, the spot could travel at many times the speed of light

but I thought that was impossible

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

if the cloud were high enough, and you flicked it fast enough, the spot could travel at many times the speed of light

Why don't you work out how fast you would need to flick it, based on shining a laser at the moon say?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Take it to Africa with you; it'll scare off the lions so they don't eat you. Simba.

(it might bloody well annoy the hippos though if you wake them up, and that's never a good idea)
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Why don't you work out how fast you would need to flick it, based on shining a laser at the moon say?
            It doesnt matter how fast you flick it. just shine it on something further away
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It doesnt matter how fast you flick it. just shine it on something further away
              The spot is not actually a "thing" and so it can move as fast as it likes. What is moving is a flow of photons from the torch to the distant object and back. These will not be moving faster than light and so no laws are broken and all is well with the universe.

Edit to point out that the spot can move as fast as it likes because it doesn't actually move.

Comment

Working...
              X