• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting Feedback - Is it just me?......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Feedback - Is it just me?......

Hello all. For those on contract at the moment well done, enjoy the bunts!. For those on the bench hope like me you are enjoying the weather and the golf course. .

In line with the title and getting to the point, has the entire contracting market taken the decision that it is no longer a requirement / necessary to ever give feedback unless you actually get the gig? Maybe i'm expecting too much or something but I used to remember a time when generally if you attended an interview you got to know what the client thought of you?

Juts wondering if others are experiencing the same....

Originally posted by Contractoid View Post
    has the entire contracting market taken the decision that it is no longer a requirement / necessary to ever give feedback unless you actually get the gig?
    Feedback became limited to "got the gig / did not get the gig" scenario due to raise in frivolous lawsuits...

Comment

Hello all. For those on contract at the moment well done, enjoy the bunts!. For those on the bench hope like me you are enjoying the weather and the golf course. .

In line with the title and getting to the point, has the entire contracting market taken the decision that it is no longer a requirement / necessary to ever give feedback unless you actually get the gig? Maybe i'm expecting too much or something but I used to remember a time when generally if you attended an interview you got to know what the client thought of you?

Long story short, if its a no the agent won't care as there is no money to be made.

I have in the past contact the client directly for feedback, but if I hear nothing I don't worry about it, bit pointless really
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Been like that for years here in NL. Look at it this way; you're running a business. Businesses put up adverts all over the place and if their product doesn't sell they don't complain that 'nobody gave us feedback after we put a nice advert in their letterbox'. They pay professionals to help them improve their adverts, and you could pay professionals to help you improve your CV and covering e-mail. Don't take it personally; the fact is your product/service didn't appeal to the client as much as another, and that could be to do with your skills but is more likely to do with how you present them, assuming you're shooting for roles for which you're reasonably qualified.

I expect NLUK will be along shortly to ask 'are you really cut out to be a contractor?'
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I expect NLUK will be along shortly to ask 'are you really cut out to be a contractor?'
          This is general we can cut to the chase. If you need feedback you aren't cut out to be a contractor and a really just a muppet/ permie / cretin (delete as appropriate)
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Been like that for years here in NL. Look at it this way; you're running a business. Businesses put up adverts all over the place and if their product doesn't sell they don't complain that 'nobody gave us feedback after we put a nice advert in their letterbox'. They pay professionals to help them improve their adverts, and you could pay professionals to help you improve your CV and covering e-mail. Don't take it personally; the fact is your product/service didn't appeal to the client as much as another, and that could be to do with your skills but is more likely to do with how you present them, assuming you're shooting for roles for which you're reasonably qualified.

Understand where you are coming from and don't worry, been doing this far too long to take it personally! I just have a view that when you have taken the time and expense of attending a client's office, (and BTW representing the agency as well and their reputation) its not asking too much for someone to act with a little proffesional courtesy and drop you a quick email that takes 60 seconds of their day? . But I also accept what you have all effectively said which is proffesional courtesy doesn't exist anymore!

Comment

Understand where you are coming from and don't worry, been doing this far too long to take it personally! I just have a view that when you have taken the time and expense of attending a client's office, (and BTW representing the agency as well and their reputation) its not asking too much for someone to act with a little proffesional courtesy and drop you a quick email that takes 60 seconds of their day? . But I also accept what you have all effectively said which is proffesional courtesy doesn't exist anymore!
              Indeed; I've stopped getting upset about it and just feel quite happy when I do get feedback.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I've interviewed a few people recently for perm roles (helping a client out) and I didn't give feedback. I didn't even think about it which partly reflects my attitude about contracting, the only feedback worthwhile is when your asked back to do more work for the client. Repeat business means I'm doing it right.

But these where perm roles so perhaps I should have given feedback and was being impolite. It's just never meant much to me, either I got the job or I didn't.

Comment

I agree with you here. If I've made the effort to go to an interview, I expect a call from the agency saying no and will chase them for it.

Comment

Discussed ad infinitum in the other area of the forums...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fe...hrome&ie=UTF-8

EDIT :

Went for the search line just to prove you wrong
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X