• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Babysitter/Au Pair/Nanny/Childminder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babysitter/Au Pair/Nanny/Childminder

Never used one before. Might be a necessity in the future with wifes health etc.

Must admit the idea of leaving child with a stranger is somewhat daunting.

Picking one must be a nightmare. Anyone got any hints or tips? (Not sure I fancy the au pair option - Im sure there are plenty of 17-20 yr olds out there who are great but still....)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I'd do them all.

Mich
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Which one are you considering? There's quite a difference!

I feel like the childcare SME of the universe following the year I've had, so could possibly offer some actual genuine advice around au pairs, nannies and childminders. Happy to PM if you have anything specific to ask.

Why not a nursery, though? Would you need around the clock care?
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        could possibly offer some actual genuine advice around au pairs, nannies and childminders. Happy to PM if you have anything specific to ask.
        Which ones tend to be the most shaggable?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Which ones tend to be the most shaggable?
          Every single man who is aware of my childcare issues, has asked that.

Sad.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Desperate.
            FTFY
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              FTFY
              I take it you mean them...
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Sad.
                I still think you should have let your kid be bought up by wolves as opposed to doing it yourself. Lest that way he'd be less feral.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Which one are you considering? There's quite a difference!

I feel like the childcare SME of the universe following the year I've had, so could possibly offer some actual genuine advice around au pairs, nannies and childminders. Happy to PM if you have anything specific to ask.

Why not a nursery, though? Would you need around the clock care?
                  Dunno. Know bugger all about it TBH. The bad things you hear about 'some' nurserys puts me off.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I still think you should have let your kid be bought up by wolves as opposed to doing it yourself. Lest that way he'd be less feral.
                    At least my child will have a basic grasp of grammar and spelling.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X