• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh poo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh poo

The bloody hotel room shower kept dripping so I closed the tap a bit tighter. Then it kept on dripping, so I wrenched the bloody tap with all my force and now the tiles on the shower wall are cracked and the tap's hanging off.

What now? How much is this going to cost me? Will it fall under MyCo insurance?

Anyway, at least it isn't dripping now.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    The bloody hotel room shower kept dripping so I closed the tap a bit tighter. Then it kept on dripping, so I wrenched the bloody tap with all my force and now the tiles on the shower wall are cracked and the tap's hanging off.

What now? How much is this going to cost me? Will it fall under MyCo insurance?

Anyway, at least it isn't dripping now.
    It was like that when you got there.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      It was like that when you got there.
      Good one, didn't think of that.

Comment

I think you meant to call this thread "Advice Please"

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          I think you meant to call this thread "Advice Please"
          No, I thought it was time for a change.

Comment

If you dont get it sorted, now, you will smell like a Spartans armpit tomorrow at work

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              If you dont get it sorted, now, you will smell like a Spartans armpit tomorrow at work

Nah, I can jump in the swimming pool again (and turn up shivering).

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Good one, didn't think of that.
                Shut it, winkle
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Can't you chuck the television out of the window?
                  Well it'll keep their mind off the tap..

Comment

You go down to reception complain about the shower, demand a new room and a discount.

Comment

Working...
                    X