• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Play fair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play fair

I messed up. The agency at my last gig in Germany would not accept the invoices I raised, and instead wanted me to use their online time sheet system. Fair do's.

However, when my last timesheet went in I thought I was done when ClientCo approved the time sheet.

So I've still not been paid, and I would have expected to be paid by now.

So I contacted them. It appears I neglected to go back into the system and press the "create invoice" button. So I did that yesterday. Now they are saying I have to wait 28 days to be paid as per the contract.

To say things are tight would be an understatement so I really don't need this. I tried to plead my case with them, the main points of my argument being :

1) I left, so as part of your contract close down procedures I would have expected them to spot the anomaly.
    2) Normally if I'm late with an invoice, the agency gives me a nudge.

Tenuous I know, but considering they want me to go back to ClientCo you'd think there'd be some room for negotiation.

I really hate these agencies that don't operate in the normal way, ie I raise an invoice and send it to them.

Again, clearly my fault (but easily done?) so please don't post lots of flaming about it being my fault, I know this already.

The panel thinks?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Not much you can do really. You say that they want you to go back to this clientco but unless it is something you can really push them on you probably won't get very far.

<NLUK>
    Late payments are something which every business has to deal with. Be a business and deal with it
    </NLUK>
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

They want you to go back, you can't afford to until they pay you. Should make them see sense.

Comment

Rule No 1. Keep Invoicing.

You've broken the fundamental rule of contracting.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Suity - as good as managing himself as his projects.

Hopefully this thread is a wind up - if not :-

Suitttttyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

<canned laughter>

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Suity - as good as managing himself as his projects.

Hopefully this thread is a wind up - if not :-

Suitttttyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

<canned laughter>
            Hope your leg falls off.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Hope your leg falls off.

HTH
              How do you never have any money??? Do you have a drugs or prostitute habit?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                How do you never have any money??? Do you have a drugs or prostitute habit?
                On paper I'm owed 17K.

This is a short term cash flow problem. I am a bonehead for not checking, but the agency is a big concern so would have thought they would be able to negotiate.

Little guy gets ****ed.

Comment

How can you go back ? Wont you be over the 183 days ?

Regarding the payment terms ? That's just tough and if you have missed the deadline then you just have to wait for the next run

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    How can you go back ? Wont you be over the 183 days ?

Regarding the payment terms ? That's just tough and if you have missed the deadline then you just have to wait for the next run
                    Maybe if Suity stopped posting about how everyone else is useless on his projects and nobody listens to him he may have had time to realize he wasn't even following the basics processes of contract invoicing.

Comment

Working...
                    X