• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Tax staff staging 24-hour strike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Tax staff staging 24-hour strike

Thousands of HM Revenue and Customs staff are staging a 24-hour strike over planned job cuts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5230048.stm
    Cats are evil.

Oh no think about the children

Originally posted by swamp
    Thousands of HM Revenue and Customs staff are staging a 24-hour strike over planned job cuts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5230048.stm
    and the poor ickle nursies, won't they be damaged by this dangerous strike by evil agitators trying to overthrow democracy?
    Or should I be reading that as noble downtrodden put-upon staff fighting for their rights against evil exploitative management.
    Why not?

Comment

I was debating starting a collection to see if we could persuade I mean help them financialy should they stay out for 12 months.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Ha Ha Ha like it !

Comment

Excellent ....so who's going to be smuggling stuff in over the weekend.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

They don't seem to be in any hurry to give me my money back. Does anyone work there at all I wonder?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
              They don't seem to be in any hurry to give me my money back. Does anyone work there at all I wonder?

Might have a lull in my IR investigations !!

Comment

They are tring tho take the same money off me TWICE at the mo.

Maybe it'll turn into a refund when they get back.
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                  They are tring tho take the same money off me TWICE at the mo.

Maybe it'll turn into a refund when they get back.

Dont bank on it !

Comment

Thousands of HM Revenue and Customs staff are staging a 24-hour strike over planned job cuts
                    Obviously, this will severely affect the level of service they provide.

Which makes me wonder....how will we know when they start ?
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X