• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pointless hobbies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pointless hobbies

Inspired by the thread which mentioned braille, I was thinking it would be kind of fun to learn that one day, purely for interest. It got me thinking, what totally pointless hobbies do you either have, or would like to have - perhaps after retirement?

It reminds me of this
    Originally posted by H2G2
    Slartibartfast had hoped for an easy retirement.

He had been planning to learn to play the octraventral heebiephone --- a pleasantly futile task, he knew, because he had the wrong number of mouths.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Posting on CUK
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Inspired by the thread which mentioned braille, I was thinking it would be kind of fun to learn that one day, purely for interest. It got me thinking, what totally pointless hobbies do you either have, or would like to have - perhaps after retirement?

It reminds me of this
      Talking to imaginary people in the sky while eating a biscuit I pretend is the flesh of his son

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
        Talking to imaginary people in the sky while eating a biscuit I pretend is the flesh of his son
        Do feel quite free to grow up. In the meantime, another incarnation to add to the ignore list. Bye bye moron.

This is a fun Friday thread, not an invitation for dicks to insult people. Start your own thread if you've excess bile to get rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
          Do feel quite free to grow up. In the meantime, another incarnation to add to the ignore list. Bye bye moron.

This is a fun Friday thread, not an invitation for dicks to insult people. Start your own thread if you've excess bile to get rid of.
          He did have a point though. I didn't see any insulting words there. That's what you do, isn't it?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            He did have a point though. I didn't see any insulting words there. That's what you do, isn't it?
            Yeah but you're a dick too.

Comment

Yeah but you're a dick too.
              I don't know what the world is coming to.
              You describe what people do and they admit it, then call you a dick regardless.
              Most illogical.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have music. In my case most definitely pointless, but I like it. Radio control toys are kind of cool too. And learning to program AVRs. And measuring stuff. I have sound meters, light meters, power meters, oscilloscopes, temperature probes, verbose calipers and micometers, and I know how to use them.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I don't know what the world is coming to.
                  You describe what people do and they admit it, then call you a dick regardless.
                  Most illogical.
                  Shush pet. Take part in the thread properly or start your own thread

Comment

Shush pet. Take part in the thread properly or start your own thread
                    Or what? Bridgwater? That's not very Christian is it?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X