PDA

View Full Version : A question

Dundeegeorge
31st July 2006, 12:44
Do you ever get fed up of these adverts on tv which try to get you to give money for stray dogs. You know the kind of thing 'without your help little poochie would have to be put down'.
Why would anyone think I would want to pay money to keep alive a dog who even it's owner didn't want, what's that all about then?
Look I got this dog for the kids for Xmas but they just didn't lilke it, but since I'm not cruel enough to kill the dog and I can't be bothered to pay money for it to be put down I'll just dump it on the motorway, and maybe somebody will pick it up and theycan pay for it's upkeep.

ratewhore
31st July 2006, 12:46
no

:cool2:

Bagpuss
31st July 2006, 12:47
I HATE dogs

snaw
31st July 2006, 13:29
Do you ever get fed up of these adverts on tv which try to get you to give money for stray dogs. You know the kind of thing 'without your help little poochie would have to be put down'.
Why would anyone think I would want to pay money to keep alive a dog who even it's owner didn't want, what's that all about then?
Look I got this dog for the kids for Xmas but they just didn't lilke it, but since I'm not cruel enough to kill the dog and I can't be bothered to pay money for it to be put down I'll just dump it on the motorway, and maybe somebody will pick it up and theycan pay for it's upkeep.

The compassion evident every day on this board never ceases to amaze me. OMFG the adverts on TV asking for those willing to help are annoying me so much I just can't bear it any more, *hint* change the channel and watch something else for 5 mins, and ffs stop whinging.

wc2
31st July 2006, 13:30
Fecking fat Welsh dogs!

Maybe we could feed them to the Polish

AtW
31st July 2006, 13:32
The compassion evident every day on this board never ceases to amaze me.

In some countries they eat dogs.

hth

Andyw
31st July 2006, 13:33
Yea FFS Crocodile Dundee George, you just carry on making money and padding your world with materialistic things (which no one else cares about what you own), Remember that everything else along with you has a right to be on this planet !

The Lone Gunman
31st July 2006, 13:41
<snip>Remember that everything else along with you has a right to be on this planet ! Does that include giant ALIEN lizards?

snaw
31st July 2006, 13:41
In some countries they eat dogs.

hth

In some countries they eat guinea pigs ...

Bagpuss
31st July 2006, 13:43
DG is very careing. He offered his heart to organ transplantation, evidently he didn't need it. :rollin:

ChimpMaster
31st July 2006, 13:43
In "Tribe" last night on BBC2, they were eating Crocodiles, it actually looked really tasty.

DimPrawn
31st July 2006, 13:47
A better solution would be a cross between reality TV and these shopping/bid TV channels.

http://canineworld.com/glenperson/pups/cwdata/puppy.jpg

"You now have 1 minute to donate to this puppy, and if £1000 isn't raised, zap, the bastard dies".

AtW
31st July 2006, 13:49
http://www.savetoby.com/i/toby1.jpg

Like this: http://www.savetoby.com/

John Galt
31st July 2006, 13:52
Call me an old softie but I donate quite a lot each month to animal charities. IMHO they are much nicer than most people and they can't protect themselves (ok dogs can bite but that's no protection against a bloke with a big stick) so I will do what I can to prevent animal cruelty.

DimPrawn
31st July 2006, 13:54
I donate to several animal charities for the same reason. No animal has ever pissed me off and deserves protection. Humans? Couldn't care less.

Andyw
31st July 2006, 13:59
I donate to several animal charities for the same reason. No animal has ever pissed me off and deserves protection. Humans? Couldn't care less.

I quite agree!

AtW
31st July 2006, 14:01
And I play with cats owned by various people on my and surrounding streets - they get my attention for free and I don't have to pick up their crap around house.

That said I'd prefer my own cat but renting makes it hard :(

DaveB
31st July 2006, 14:03
- they get my loving for free

Does the RSPA know about this?

AtW
31st July 2006, 14:05
Perv.

VectraMan
31st July 2006, 16:41
Call me an old softie but I donate quite a lot each month to animal charities. IMHO they are much nicer than most people and they can't protect themselves (ok dogs can bite but that's no protection against a bloke with a big stick) so I will do what I can to prevent animal cruelty.

If I had to fight a rotweiller, I'd want more than a big stick.

Dogs are the Sun readers of the domesticated animal world. Kill all dogs. And Sun readers. Time for cats to become our masters.

Fungus
31st July 2006, 17:09
DG is very careing. He offered his heart to organ transplantation, evidently he didn't need it. :rollin:

I hear it was rejected as being too small and shrivelled. (Not that the rest of us are any better.)

Fungus
31st July 2006, 17:13

On the weekends I go out walking in nature reserves, many of which are SSSI's, LNR's or even NNR's. But what really really pisses me off is that I often have to negotiate my way through a minefield of fresh pongy dog turds. Arrrrgggghhhh. The owners should be forced to plug the dog's arse with a cork, which they cannot remove until the mutt is on their property. Any contravention, and the dog has a stake shoved up its arse, and it is placed on a BBQ, and the cooked meat distributed to the homeless. How would they like it if I walked into their home, dropped my trousers, shat on their carpet, and then left?

chock
31st July 2006, 17:34

They eat everything that moves.........and half of those that don't, in my country!

Nipple Clamp
31st July 2006, 19:27
On the weekends I go out walking in nature reserves, many of which are SSSI's, LNR's or even NNR's. ..

You sure you're not a trainspotter? The last two sound very similar to private railway company names before nationalization.

Jabberwocky
31st July 2006, 19:38
On the weekends I go out walking in nature reserves, many of which are SSSI's, LNR's or even NNR's. But what really really pisses me off is that I often have to negotiate my way through a minefield of fresh pongy dog turds. Arrrrgggghhhh. The owners should be forced to plug the dog's arse with a cork, which they cannot remove until the mutt is on their property. Any contravention, and the dog has a stake shoved up its arse, and it is placed on a BBQ, and the cooked meat distributed to the homeless. How would they like it if I walked into their home, dropped my trousers, shat on their carpet, and then left?

Gosh fannygas don't get your anorak all steamed up. Anyway I thought you shovelled sh*t for a living - you certainly talk a lot of bull on here.

DimPrawn
1st August 2006, 07:39
Don't talk to me about fecking cats.

My wifes cat tore into our new sofa yesterday and then decided to piss all over it to finish off the job.

FECKING HATE EVIL SELFISH CATS!

:tantrum:

hyperD
1st August 2006, 08:02
The only good cat is a marinated and bbq'd one

Dundeegeorge
1st August 2006, 08:21
doesn't it though.

Once again you (mostly) seem pretty happy to assume the financial burden for someone else's total lack of responsibility. Why?

Churchill
1st August 2006, 11:17
I HATE dogs

bastard!

Dundeegeorge
1st August 2006, 11:20
from a cat, Churchill?
Selfish spoilt bastards who want everything their way and they want it now!
Worse than contractors!

Pondlife
1st August 2006, 11:57

I tried it in Peru - it's okay but a bit gamey for my pallete. Aparently they're breeding huge ones that will feed the whole family now.

Also tried Lama over there - v.nice indeed and one of the lowest cholesterol meats available.

Joe Black
1st August 2006, 18:59
Anyone care to comment on the leaness/fat/cholesterol levels for humans?

Joe in "I'm only asking out of curiosity" mode (honest!)

hyperD
2nd August 2006, 08:23
Anyone care to comment on the leaness/fat/cholesterol levels for humans?

Joe in "I'm only asking out of curiosity" mode (honest!)
Red wine and fava beans are said to lower LDL cholesterol levels, so it should be OK.

"Fsss fsssh fsssh fssssh fsssshhh ...."

Phoenix
2nd August 2006, 08:34
Think they should ask to donate a pound to help put down the feckwits that were cruel to these animals in the first place :tantrum:

Clog II The Avenger
2nd August 2006, 08:55
Dog restaurants in China are less popular than in previous years and are fast disappearing. The new rich Chinese are buying pet dogs as a status symbols. A Chinese colleague showed me a picture of the dog he bought is girlfriend before he came to Europe. “Will she roast it or use a wok” I instinctively remarked. He didn’t see the funny side.

mcquiggd
3rd August 2006, 06:44
Ah, a shining example of the benefits of multi-culturalism - seems like Camden Market has changed a bit since my last visit.

Dundeegeorge
3rd August 2006, 06:48
benefits of multi-culturalism

ho ho ho