• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hear Hear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hear Hear

BBC News - Kevin Spacey: TV audiences 'want to binge'

Coffee's for closers

Been saying this for yonks!

The availability, quality and reliability of torrents is so good that it makes me laugh how no-one in TV land has managed to take it and push it forward. In fact, aside from the expected few, a lot of people I talk to about this would happily pay per episode providing it is delivered a) the same way they get it now via torrents, b) the quality and efficiency is maintained and c) it's available at the same time all around the world as it is now with torrenting.

My vision sees the people who currently push episodes (eztv and the like) officially recognised as the controllers of this and a deal for a legitimate, paid for service should be struck.

The music industry c0cked up massively with this and ended up with toys out the pram, prosecuting individuals for many thousands of pounds which they had no chance of paying. Instead they should have been embracing the innovation that MP3 brought and capitalising on it and making it better. Silly f***ers!
    Permietractor (probably)

Comment

He's got a point, although he fails to take advertising into account, and a lot of TV networks have a business model predicated on ad sales rather than subsription or PPV. I can watch 5 episodes of something good on Lovefilm back to back, and I'm happy to pay for it. Put it on channel 5 and I'll turn over during the first ad break even though it's free.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
      X