• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A call from a Bob Agent...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A call from a Bob Agent...

Left a voicemail then followed it up with an email.

The usual BobAgent blah blah. A Test Manager role in Copenhagen. After some to and fro with emails the rate of £400 - £450 went to £470 when I pushed about expenses.

Not commercially viable. No surprise there.

Then I took a look at his sig. The address given is -

22c Amerhert Road Manchester | M14 6UQ, United Kingdom

A crap flat in a crap part of town.

And the website is a gem, too -

meeraconsulting.com

FFS!
    Last edited by cojak; 23 August 2013, 14:40. Reason: link removed

Any relation toThis one?w ww.meeraconsultants.com
    Last edited by cojak; 23 August 2013, 14:38. Reason: links removed

Comment

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
      Any relation to ThisOne?
      Very possibly...

Quote from the site you have linked to -

"operating for clients in India and abroad specializing in all types of recruitments."

So that'll be Doing The Needful, then.

Comment

What are you lot moaning about?
        Shows admirable balls and get-up-and-go.
        Some of the dole-claiming natives could learn a thing or two.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

How many "businesses" on here have never operated out of an ordinary house?

Comment

I've removed the links, if you're going to laugh at them I'd rather not let google analytics know about it...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I've removed the links, if you're going to laugh at them I'd rather not let google analytics know about it...
              Oops. Only 13 posts and attracting attention from the Mods already...

Comment

Link is still there.

How did he get your phone number? You should have done your homework first.
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

I don't normally mind the odd call from Bobs, provided that I've some time to waste. It normally ends in my laughing them off the phone when they offer either a PAYE FTC or a contract rate about £200 per day below what I'd consider.

What really p*sses me off is when I put my mobile down for a bit to find a screen full of missed calls from a Bob agency in about ten minutes, and emails from three or four of them at the same agency wanting me to do the needful for some tuplipty contract that is nothing like my skills set. Seriously, they keep calling once a minute until I answer and tell them to get knotted. At least most agents call once, email and then wait for a response.

Comment

Their quality in recruitment is about the same as their quality in IT design, delivery, and support. It seems they are swarming in on uncapped intra company transfer visas (they wouldnt qualify in such numbers for any other visas) in recruitment now as well as their established mass immigration in the IT business. No doubt many will bring in large familys, get free school places for their children, free operations for their seriously ill relatives on the NHS, big tax perks, and many will continue to go onto get indefinite leave to remain and British citizenship simply for being here a while. Lets see if the recruitment industry rolls over and allows it to happen without kicking up a fuss like the IT business has.

Comment

Working...
                    X