• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plans for the Bank Hol Weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for the Bank Hol Weekend

Couldn't see another so hopefully no KUATB required.

So, what are your plans for the extended weekend (weather permitting)?

KUATB
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

My plan

Avoid going out (it's a bank holiday), avoid supermarkets (it's a bank holiday), avoid DIY shops (it's a bank holiday).

Comment

Working. Not a BH over here.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Collecting a couple of antiques I rashly put in a bid for by filling in a couple of slips last weekend.

Auctioned on monday, and mine were the highest bids for both - A bullseye clock and a George III mahogany dressing table mirror, for 400 smackers the pair, not bad considering there's a very similar one on sale for £1250 at Antique Georgian Mahogany Dressing Table Mirror : The British Antique Dealers' Association

Anyone heard of bullseye clocks? Did they ever have a practical use? There seem to be very few web pages on them. Basically it looks like a clock embedded in a spherical glass ball, so the face is magnified, and it's a genuine antique, no quartz rubbish
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Collecting a couple of antiques I rashly put in a bid for by filling in a couple of slips last weekend.

Auctioned on monday, and mine were the highest bids for both - A bullseye clock and a George III mahogany dressing table mirror, for 400 smackers the pair, not bad considering there's a very similar one on sale for £1250 at Antique Georgian Mahogany Dressing Table Mirror : The British Antique Dealers' Association

Anyone heard of bullseye clocks? Did they ever have a practical use? There seem to be very few web pages on them. Basically it looks like a clock embedded in a spherical glass ball, so the face is magnified, and it's a genuine antique, no quartz rubbish
            How disappointing. I thought you meant a clock that had been a prize on Bullseye.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Oh bollux.

Didn't see anything on the 1st page. I guess all the 'pointy' threads pushed it off. ho hum

Comment

I am going to some sort of festival thing.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  How disappointing. I thought you meant a clock that had been a prize on Bullseye.
                  Ditto. You can't beat a bit of bully.

Comment

Working...
                  X