• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alcohol free drinks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol free drinks

I've consumed about 20 pints of mostly revolting beer in the last two days and have another day of festivalling to go. I'd like to give my body a rest. Why do we have such an abysmal selection of non alcoholic beverages in this country?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I gave up coffee 6 years ago, alcohol 3 years ago and tea a year ago. I love water, lemon tea and the odd fruit juice.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I've consumed about 20 pints of mostly revolting beer in the last two days and have another day of festivalling to go. I'd like to give my body a rest. Why do we have such an abysmal selection of non alcoholic beverages in this country?
      Are you off the booze?

On the occasions where I'm not drinking, I stick to soft drinks. Alcohol free beer is usually horrible stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        . Alcohol free beer is usually horrible stuff.
        Not true. When I was on my health drive at the start of the year, I gave up alcohol, but fancied a beer occasionally.

Best alcohol-free beer I found is Erdinger Weissbrau which is full of flavour. Alcohol free beers vary hugely in taste, depending on brand, and you're bound to find one that you like, IMHO.

Waitrose do an alcohol-free white wine: (Torres, Muscat) which is also flavourful but a little sweet. - I find opening it and leaving it for a day makes it drier.

Back to drinking but still do the above occasionally when I want to be sociable but don't want to drink e.g. all day BBQs.

There are no, repeat, NO alcohol free reds worth drinking.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Best alcohol-free beer I found is Erdinger Weissbrau which is full of flavour. Alcohol free beers vary hugely in taste, depending on brand, and you're bound to find one that you like, IMHO.
          Yes my local Tesco has that, not bad. Weissbier seems to hold up better than lagers. Half fat Becks is drinkable, unlike the truly non alcoholic one which is horrid. Unfortunately the bars at this festival only have rancid beer, rancid cider, coke, lemonade and water.

In Germany they used to have stuff called bionade, which was quite delicious. Haven't seen it here. I might write to Waitrose and suggest they try it.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

In New Scientist's Last Word recently the question was raised why alcohol free beer tastes so crap; it can't be just the lack of alcohol 'cos it still tastes bad when you add ethanol. The answer's not be published yet.

I drank Erdinger alcohol free before I gave up alcohol. It's a decent drink in its own right.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I gave up coffee 6 years ago, alcohol 3 years ago and tea a year ago. I love water, lemon tea and the odd fruit juice.
              And this is what CUK Addiction does to the weak minded

The only good tasting 0% beer is Becks Blue...

Comment

WTF is the point of brewing an alcoholic drink and take the ahcohol out. WTF are you kidding.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Caffeine free coffee?

Sugar free cola?

THC free cannabis?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Caffeine free coffee?

Sugar free cola?

THC free cannabis?

Orgasm free sex?

(apparently lots of women have that all the time)
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X