• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Education, Educasion, Edacshun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Education, Educasion, Edacshun

The future for our kids under NL

Under draft proposals teachers will no longer teach right from wrong or Britain's 'cultural heritige' . Great
    Last edited by John Galt; 31 July 2006, 14:27.

That's got to be worth an "Oh Dear".

Comment

I agree, it is a bit w@nk. Not really sure what "secure values and beliefs" are supposed to be ...

I'd be worried if I was relying on the school to teach 11-14 years olds this however, and I don't personally remember attending a 'right and wrong' class ...
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

What a load of PC bollox.

Next we're going to be told that the truth only comes out of the mouths of babes.
        http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          That's got to be worth an "Oh Dear".
          Thanks DP

Comment

One man's right is another man's wrong.

What a bunch of old tosh unless they're going to teach children what their real cultural heritage is....it makes me want to go and show some of these people what my right looks like...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This PC nonsense is a direct result of teachers (and most recently parents too) not being allowed to discipline kids.

Teacher : Johnny please don't stab Timmy in the chest, it's not nice.

Johnny : Who asked you ... ffcuk off.

Teacher : Now now Johnny, don't use that language or I'll .... well never mind ... just don't do it.

Johnny : I told you to ffcuk off.

Teacher : Do you want me to report you to the headmaster ?

Johnny : Oh and what the ffcuk is he going do about it. Now just ffcuk off.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                The future for our kids under NL

Under draft proposals teachers will no longer teach right from wrong or Britain's 'cultural heritige' . Great
                Soon enough, Scottish pupils will be learning more about England's heritage and values than English pupils. I'm not laughing.

Comment

"It also identifies the need for young people who 'challenge injustice, are committed to human rights and strive to live peaceably with others.'"

That's nice then...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                    Soon enough, Scottish pupils will be learning more about England's heritage and values than English pupils. I'm not laughing.

And that just means the ritualistic screening of 'Braveheart', that well researched documentary that has defined modern Scottish identity.

Meanwhile, in a classroom somewhere in England....

"Now, hands up who can speak English...? Anyone...? "

P.S This made me laugh the other day - a Czech friend said 'we don't like the Poles'. When I asked 'why?', she said 'we can't find work as they are everywhere'.
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X