• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will we ever want to have sex with robots?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we ever want to have sex with robots?

BBC News - Will we ever want to have sex with robots?
    Yes - any hole is a goal
    37.50%
    No - I want a meaningful relationship(hahaha)
    18.75%
    Essential for those like AndyW who won't get any elsewhere
    43.75%

Only $9000.

I'm sure we've all seen Terminator / Sarah Connor, Bladerunner etc. What's not to like?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

We have sex with blow-up dolls, so I don't see why robots should be a problem.

Edit: "We" should be replaced with "some of you". Not me of course <cough>

Comment

I think sex with robots will be ok as long as it is not powered by Windows. It would be frustrating having "programme not responding" or "installing updates and reboot" at the wrong moment.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Cherry 2000

What's there not to like ?
          do your bidding, make the tea, sex on demand, & if it all get too much you can just switch them off

get two and watch them perform

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            I think sex with robots will be ok as long as it is not powered by Windows. It would be frustrating having "programme not responding" or "installing updates and reboot" at the wrong moment.
            The three finger salute could be fun though...
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

What do you mean will we ever? I've wanted to for years.

AtW.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                At least you'd know it would go down on you.

Comment

There is a brilliant episode of Futurama where Fry gets himself a robotic Lucy Liu:

Fry: Did you hear that? She likes me.
                  Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Well Duh, she's programmed to like you.
                  Fry: But this is Lucy Liu, perhaps the only good actress of the 20th century. She's more then just a piece of software.
                  Lucy Liu robot: Would you like to take a moment to register me?
                  Fry: Hmm, not right now.
                  Lucy Liu robot: [tussling Fry's hair] I'll remind you later, you hot stud you.
                  Lucy Liu-bot: You're cute!
                  Fry: No, you are!
                  Lucy Liu-bot: No, you!
                  Fry: No, you!
                  Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Oh dear, she's stuck in an infinite loop and he's an idiot! Oh well, that's love for you, I guess.
                  Last edited by Spacecadet; 26 August 2013, 12:23.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Not too sure about these sorts of robots, I know they are working on it in Japan (to keep astronauts company I think?). In the previous unis I was at they're working on football robots alongside EU partners and also a robot that can learn by itself and develops (brain) like a child. I think it's far too early for any commercial interests and too costly. Other work being done was for the military (robots scouting for intelligence and transporting things with long distance jumping in difficult terrain).

The child robot btw is run through a linux distro not Windows, and a low level C like language.
                    I have finished my studies and I'm looking for work. If anyone's interested:

- I make excellent coffee.
                    - I'm ethically flexible. Very open-minded.
                    - I live within my means, no financial risks, no gambling.
                    - I don't have a religion, so no sneaky conversion attempts.
                    - I buy the first round.
                    - Easily adaptable to new groups, environments... go with the flow type.

Comment

Working...
                    X