• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC Weather - tomorrow never comes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC Weather - tomorrow never comes

Every crap, grey day of this bank holiday weekend was forecast to be hot and sunny the preceding day on the BBC.

Still got the mountain of burgers and sausages sat in the fridge that I was going to bbq on Saturday

Should have driven down to the English Riviera. I got basted in my own juices.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Should have driven down to the English Riviera. I got basted in my own juices.
      So u had a day in bed then??
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        So u had a day in bed then??
        I did get up quite late.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
          Every crap, grey day of this bank holiday weekend was forecast to be hot and sunny the preceding day on the BBC.

Still got the mountain of burgers and sausages sat in the fridge that I was going to bbq on Saturday
          When I was a kid in the 50s and 60s I was interested in metrology. I kept daily records and what I noticed that the weather forecasts persistently optimistic regarding summer temperatures and sunshine. I had the pleasure of privately meeting Trevor Baker & Ciril Ockendon of STV. They told me of tipping the balance of forecasts at the bequest of the English Tourist Board (no harm done). In 1992 I met Ian Macaskill at Heathrow but we talked about the funny side of computing.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
            Apart from the massive amber weather warning they issued on Friday for Saturday, over most of the country.

And apart from the fact that yesterday they got a whole day's cricket in, in the sunshine, in London.

And apart from the fact that today it is glorious sunshine here.

Where do you live that isn't covered by any of those 3 cases - Wales?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Apart from the massive amber weather warning they issued on Friday for Saturday, over most of the country.

And apart from the fact that yesterday they got a whole day's cricket in, in the sunshine, in London.

And apart from the fact that today it is glorious sunshine here.

Where do you live that isn't covered by any of those 3 cases - Wales?
              Turned out nice in the end oddly enough

Comment

Saturday was pretty dismal.
                Yesterday wasn't bad.
                Today was lovely.

Comment

Working...
                X