• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Want to earn some pin money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to earn some pin money?

Should be enough w**k**s on here to help out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5230890.stm

Worry over sperm donor shortage

The UK is suffering from a shortage of sperm donors
    Fertility clinics are facing a "national crisis" because of a shortage of sperm donors, say experts.
    Infertility Network UK said a change in the law, which abolished anonymity for donors, has stopped men volunteering.

But other campaigners said a lack of awareness of the need for sperm donors was the reason for the fall in numbers, not the law change.

The number of sperm donors has been steadily declining over the past number of years, HFEA figures show.

In 2000, 325 sperm donors were newly registered with the HFEA but in the first six months of 2005, only 99 men were registered.

Around 500 sperm donors and 1,500 egg donors are needed each year.

Since the 1st April 2005, people donating sperm and eggs have not had the right to remain anonymous.

But the HFEA said there had been no sudden drop in donors coming forward after the law came in.

"The clinics are struggling and that's putting it mildly. It's difficult to say 100% that the removal of anonymity is or isn't the reason but this is what everybody was concerned would happen.

This is already in LR I believe.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread9188.html

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
      This is already in LR I believe.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread9188.html
      Thats me. Always behind the times. Now where did i put that quill pen.............

Comment

I heard that in Sweden the nurses extract it from the donors.
        HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
          I knew a few nurses in the UK who were more than willing!
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger

Yeah but you pay them rather than they pay you. Still worth it though.

Comment

I insist that my seed only go to genetically perfect women. Otherwise the Jabber master race may become diluted and impure. Of course if you just have common or garden spunk feel free to spray it around with gay abandon.

Comment

I gave it try once but public transport let me down for my appointment.

The first time I came on the bus, the second time I missed the tube.

Comment

Boom Boom
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    I gave it try once but public transport let me down for my appointment.

The first time I came on the bus, the second time I missed the tube.
                    I know some people who would find that hard to swallow.
                    HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Working...
                    X